• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Mazda B3000 manual 4x4 conversiom

Stephonix

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
So for the past few months I've been thinking about doing a 4x4 swap of my Mazda B3000 Dual Sport a.k.a. Ranger Edge 3.0 extended cab. First of all I don't care if you don't think it's worth it, it's worth it to me. This is my first vehicle and I plan to keep it my daily driver and trail rig for years to come with the truck already sitting at 212,000 miles any donor parts are accepted due to much lower mileage. I installed a Ford 8.8 L/S last year at 175,000 from a Ford explorer. My plan for the swap is to replace my 2wd transmission with a 4x4 transmission and just plug up B/W 1354M and just install a stock D30 SLA as I will not need a heavier front axle until I start digging into an engine swap of a Chevy 5300 HO but I digress. Thankfully I have already collect a used transmission for $250 with 131,000 miles on it with no problems and got the transfer case for just a $100 more. The transfer case is clean (no corrosion of any kind or oil), has all new seals and even has a new gasket where the transmission is connected. My guess is that the transfer case was recently rebuilt as the junk yard originally had gave me an electric 1354 when I asked for a manual and scrambled to find me a replacement as they didn't have one. I will hopefully clean up the transmission and give it further inspection along with taking the transfer case to my mechanic (knowledge source) to see if I should tear into it and rebuild it or leave it as is. I will need to find a shifter for the 1354 and cut a whole in my floor where the shifter would go, then find stock cup holder tray and boot as I want this swap to appear as "factory" as possible. This is where I pass my current milestones and plan into the future, but I plan to just pick up any D35 from my local pull-a-part as they are quite abundant in my area and inspect the diff. of course, possibly rebuild if it needs it and install with new stock cvs, hubs and all the other stuff unbeknownst to me. What I am looking for is any advice or suggestions for this swap or if you just think it's cool, could always use the motivation! I will post some pictures of my truck bellow as soon as I figure out how to post them. Yes the stacks are my exhaust no Ford did not accidentally give me a magic 3.0 diesel, I wish.

Last edited:

Stephonix

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Since I couldn't upload the pictures I had already taken due to size problems I just uploaded them to imgur sooo here's the link:
http://imgur.com/a/uzqPZ

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals