• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Mazda B4000 brake fittings

jandm9002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
I find that the rear brake line on my 1994 B4000 has sprung a leak. Of course it is in the tube that runs in the frame that connects to the junction above the diff. Anyone have any experience with this repair? I am guessing that if you undo the connection before the rubber hose at the junction at the rear and also at the front the entire tube should slide out? Secondly I thought of plugging the rear brake line at the master cylinder so I can drive in and out of the driveway and to the auto parts store without spewing brake fluid all over everything. From what I can tell they are metric straight thread hydraulic fittings? Any and all input is always appreciated from the good folk at The Ranger Station.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
The advice I will give is... It's probably time to replace all the brake lines. I would also do brakes hoses also. It's not that bad of a job and if you plan to keep the truck... will be well worth it.

I've never used NiCopp lines but several here have and like it. Next one I do... I'm gonna buy a roll of NiCopp and have at it. Get yourself a flaring tool and a hand bender and set aside a day or two. You can buy new ends but there are perhaps a couple oddball ones on the truck. Use care not to destroy them and reuse.

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I found a hand bender at a sale today for two bux. I think it's about a 1/4 inch, not sure if it's close enough to do brake lines or not, but some of the fittings on my 93 are fairly bunged up from age, rust and wrong wrenches taking them loose

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
You might also find replacements at a wrecking yard, I took gobs of stuff from a 94 B4000 to use on my 93 Ranger

jandm9002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
I hear what you are saying there Uncle Gump. If this one has gone, then the others are probably on the way too. We just happen to have a long weekend next weekend so I might do a bit of a project with brake lines on the Sat. Thanks for the answers

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals