• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My 1990 5.0 swappin truck

Ramcharger90

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
306, Bcam,
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Here is my 1990 2.3L 5spd 2WD, I already put the 8.8 rear with 3.73lsd from a 97 explorer in the lazy way, I used 2 inch lift shakles instead of moving the perches and 4* pinion shims, but my leafs are shot and haven't replaced them yet. Plan to eventually, I have bell tech 2 inch drop springs in the front, disc brakes all around, this truck was turd brown at first with a nasty interior. I bought a wrecked 89 STX for the bed and interior, suprise the dash cracked shortly after Haha. 2 doors from the j/y, also rebuilt the front wnd one of the I beams was bent the frame was not got that checked before I committed to the swap with this one, put in a new rad support. Just been keeping it road legal until I have everything for the swap to keep the miles off my Ram, It gets 9mpg and uses a quart of oil every 130ish miles. It also blows smoke like a diesel rolling coal at times hahaha. The clutch slips atleast once a month and the rpms will shoot up to 4k than catch hahaha. But I love this truck oh yea 2 years ago I roll painted it with rustolium like a 78 macho power wagon kinda hahah

Gozi

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
P235/75R15
very cool project, you are way ahead of me.

Oxxon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Hello and welcome to TRS.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals