• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

my 2000 build

big mike lott

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 in supension 2 in body
Tire Size
35 x 1250 x 18 nitto grabbers on custom wheels
my truck started out with a 4.0 had a new set of heads on with 209 k i asked the guy if they did anything to the botton and he said 3 mounth earleyer they repaired the bottonend ???? Well second trip back home with my boat on borron started to rattle FF i rebuolt the 4.o had a nabor kid trying to help me
and will i was ad the dr he tryed ti put in and did not make sure the tq conv was seated and tried to pull ib with bolts runed trans os this leads me to where we are today i found a 89 explorer at salvage auction low miles good motor /trans front diff all wireing and most of what i wanted
from the eddy bower intoner Swap has been simple to this point we used the punp fron the 98 had to run a return line From the 98 engine 5.0 trans 4R70W front diff 3:73 fron 89 F150 4.6l tcase 4406 and front shaft and (rear shaft has to be cut) rear from the 99 explorer the rear diff L:73 with disk brakes Now we have not started it wet we have some minor electrical issues i need to fix first Now to the otder thing i have done so far new front axels front hub vac hubs new manual locking hubs I have to chan dhe rear diff spring mounts and shock mounts anti roll mounts That about where i am right now will take some ptcs oi the truck later

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals