• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My First Dodges

Z3CHYD

U.S. Military - Active
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3 front 5 rear
Tire Size
225/60R15
Hey guys, I haven't been on here to often since I haven't owned a Ranger in a few years, I'm Active Duty in the Air Force and for the past 3 years I've been stationed in England. I finally got back stateside the end of September and immediately bought a 98 Dodge Durango 5.2L 4x4 from a friends boss, I'm the second owner :biggrin:
I swapped out the stock muffler on that for a cherry bomb extreme single chamber muffler, and kept the stock piping, and it has just the right amount of bark/rumble. Toward the end of October, and the end of my month of leave I took, I really wanted to find a Dakota for myself, and my wife was growing fond of driving the Durango (Just like I planned lol)
I found my Dakota at a dealer as a trade in, it's a 2001 Quad cab 4.7L 4x4, and it's one of the nicest trucks I've owned so far. When I bought it it had an 8 inch glasspack and 90 degree elbow dumped out the side, and that was just way too obnoxious. I had some spare exhaust lying around and fabbed up a muffler deleted exhaust that exited around the stock location.
Previous owner put in a Kenwood head unit, LED interior lights, and a Hot air intake (lol) Well we drove from PA down to NC to report to my next duty station and both the Durango and the Dakota did flawlessly. I love driving this truck and hope it stays that way. Only thing I would change is make it stick shift lol

After we arrived in NC

When I first picked up the truck

After I added a light bar to the Durango

Before the light bar, I replaced the original bumper with this chrome one from the junkyard, because the original was pretty rotted from having a bra on forever.

And when I first picked up the durango. It was used for family trips and business trips, hence the lettering on the door. That bra was taken off as soon as I got home as well.

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Looks sharp, FWIW I think the painted bumpers just rot out because they can. The one on my grandparent's '01 Durango crumbled away to nothing and I don't think it ever had a bra on it.

Z3CHYD

U.S. Military - Active
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3 front 5 rear
Tire Size
225/60R15
Looks sharp, FWIW I think the painted bumpers just rot out because they can. The one on my grandparent's '01 Durango crumbled away to nothing and I don't think it ever had a bra on it.
I agree. My Durango's bumper was a painted one and there wasn't much left of it, also a friends Dakota's bumper is the painted one and is rather crispy. Glad I have chrome ones on both now. The Dakota doesn't have a speck of rust on the bumper or frame, it's actually still painted black on the frame, theres some rust on the bed of course, but that comes stock on dodges.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals