• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My Project Bronco II

old guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well other than a few little items it is complete. I have been driving it a round some and have now got about 600 miles on it and have all of the bugs worked out of it. So here are the Spec's

1984 Bronco II

changed over to 4x2 I used the stock 2 wheel drive beams spindles and mounts from a 1989 bronco II than I used belltech 2" lowering springs

the rear axle was swapped out with a 1997 explorer 8.8 with 4.10 trac lock, it has a summit racing rear diff cover and I had to remove the old sprring mounts and put new ones on for the spring over set-up, I than did a shackle flip and removed one leaf per side to get the ride height I needed.

Engine,
1997 explorer 5.0 bored it 30 over ford rods and KB pistions, I had the gt40P heads ported and polished and I kept the explorer upper and lower intakes and I went with a Ford B303 cam, crane 1.7 roller rockers. I have 24 lb injectors with a 70 mm throttle body, and 75mm mass air, I am using a summit racing Ford mustang EFI engine harness with a A9L computer. As for the headers I had to build them to fit, they work for now but I plan on building a different set and putting on it over the winter months. I am running a swap rad that I got off a member on here I just don't know which one it is, I am using a 1995 ford taurus electric fan to cool it. I am running the complete explorer front dress on this engine.

Transmission
it is a M5R2 from a 1996 f-150 I am running a center force stage 2 11" clutch and pressure plate and I am using the stock slave cylinder and the 1988 Bronco II master cylinder. I had to change out the quick disconnect for the slave cylinder because the one on the Bronco II line would not work. I also had to make the shifter for this so that it would not hit the dash.

Body.

the rear gate was removed and a smoothed out ranger tailgate was mounted in than the factory Bronco II gate was cut to fit around the tailgate. The body was paint with Summit racing 2 stage paint viper red and pure white. I got lucky since the body on this was in pretty good shape I only had to replace one door and the Hood, and put in a new drivers side floor pan. I custom made the grill from the stock Bronco II shell and Aerostar insert.

Interior,
The dash was changed out for the newer style it is a 1993 with Auto meter gauges, the seats came from a swap meet, the carpet came for LMC truck. there are no back seats in it, this was done to cut weight. I am using the 1990 door panels.

Lighting

LMC custom Head lights, the rear tail lights have custom fitting LEDs,

Electrical

Summit racing 18 circit wiring harness Big time saver and cleans up the wiring really nice.

Over all I am very Happy with this one it is my third V-8 Bronco II and First 2wheel drive one.

Attachments

moonman85

Supporting Member
Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1993 explorer
Transmission
Automatic
looks great!

old guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thank You.

BabyBronco89

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
95' 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
Awesome!! Not usually into streeting 4x4s but you pulled it off it looks great!!!!!!!
How did you do the rear hatch/ tailgate that's genius!!

BabyBronco89

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
95' 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
I think this qualifies for a STOTM nominee!!!

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Yes, that looks sweet. I'd also like to see close ups of the tailgate mod. Interior pics too.

Richard

MeanMark87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L I4
Transmission
Manual
That is an awesome looking clean BII. That tailgate mod is ingenious.

old guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Here is a couple of the interior, I still have to get a head liner board so that i can finish it I screwed up the first one when I fiberglassed it to make pockets for the speakers and dome lights. I will have to look and see if I have any pictures from when I was doing the rear tail gate and hatch, there was a lot of time put into it to get it like it is.

Attachments

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
I like the while roof. I have been wanting to paint mine to match the EB look, just have never found the time. Now that I built a new shop, maybe next summer. But I like it!!

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
Looks good. I'm not a fan of street trucks, but you did a great job. Actually looks like it don't sit much lower than my 84 Ford Ranger 4x2 did. So essentially you could change it back to a 4WD if you ever wanted to do so correct? I like the older 302's, and the 5 speed much makes it so much more fun I bet. How's it do for economy or is it tuned more for power and racing?

You should do a mod to make the back removable like the full size bronco's LOL.

BabyBronco89

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
95' 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
Looks great !!

Last edited:

old guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Looks good. I'm not a fan of street trucks, but you did a great job. Actually looks like it don't sit much lower than my 84 Ford Ranger 4x2 did. So essentially you could change it back to a 4WD if you ever wanted to do so correct? I like the older 302's, and the 5 speed much makes it so much more fun I bet. How's it do for economy or is it tuned more for power and racing?

You should do a mod to make the back removable like the full size bronco's LOL.
It really only sits about 11/2 " lower than stock with stock tires, but I am running a 28" tall tire now, as for the top I looked at making it removable but just did not have to time to do it I really wanted to get it on the road this year, but it is something that I may do in the future when I have more time. As for fuel economy I have not even check it I only drive once or twice a week I have to keep the mile low on it since it has classic plates. The 5.0 and 5 speed does make it a lot more fun to drive it started off with a auto in it and I had way to many problem with the auto so in went the 5 speed. As for ever changing it back to 4wd drive it would not take much but I don't ever see that happening.

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
More pics of the hatch and tailgate.

BabyBronco89

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
95' 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
My dad had the same problem with his classic car and the antique tag and plate program, what he did is got two identical speedos, so he can make it appear that he's only putting on a couple hundred in a yr, when he actually puts on a few thousand!! If you ever get pulled by law enforcement all you do is tell them the vehicle is in transit to receive repair or going to a show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals