• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My vintage sportsman racecar

CrZyNcK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 2wd
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My Dad recently bought this car off a man who was storing it in the woods. It's a '36 Plymouth body on a '55 Chevy based frame with a straight front axle. It was built in the '70s by two brothers. Then in the late '80s Chris Allen Sr was driving passed a scrap yard and noticed it sitting in front of a crushed. He pulled in and they sold it to him for scrap price. He raced it in 90-91 for a vintage class at Flemington NJ. He then sold it temporarily but it got lost basically. Then a few months ago my Dad's truck driver found it in a auto locator , located in the Poconos. We went that weekend and bought it. So far I got the stock Chevy 350 running, and put all new brake shoes and wheel cylinders on all four corners ( yes four wheel dr brakes) . Bolted to the 350 is a 3 speed trans which goes to a frankland quick change rear. It really is a cool car. I can't wait till it's finished to take to car shows.

Attachments

CrZyNcK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 2wd
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My Dad also recently restored an old dorney park sportsman. It was built in the 1970's for evergreen raceway by Ray Earny but was raced at dorney park as well( where I remember it more) It was found by my father in a storage container that it sat in for 35+ years. It has a 358 modified motor, 3 speed trans and a frankland rear. It's a 39 Chevy coupe body on a 57 Chevy frame with a front straight axle as well.

Attachments

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
That is a pretty cool piece of history...

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Very cool! Man I miss flemington speedway... lots of fond memories of that place.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals