• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need an opinion

mudfisher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hello First time posting:

I'm looking to upgrade and lift my ranger by replacing some aging parts. Would appreciate a comment or two on my plan I list below.

2010 4.0 Ranger XLT 4x4
- 31x10.5s Tires

Rear:
Replace the rear leaf springs with some HD springs from GeneralSpringKC.com
- https://www.generalspringkc.com/product_p/43-1503hd.htm
- From what I have seen and read reviews is that these springs are stiffer and should raise my backend by an inch or 2 if I not mistaken
- I did some research and contacted "GeneralSpringKC" and they stated the HD leaf springs don't need extended stocks as the standard length shocks would be ok from 1 to 4 inches of lift.
- These will also give me some added weight carrying ability for long Off-Road/Camping trips.

Front end:
Purchase new or slightly used #1 torsion bars and crank them 1.5 to 2 extra turns then current setup.
- Should get me an 1 to 2 inches of lift.
- From research on the forums I should purchase longer shocks to aid in the increase travel after the crank.

Shock Brands:
Bilstein's, Fox appear to be the go to shocks for Rangers. Though some have mentioned ranchos but many other refer to them as crap.

Front:
From the website of Fox I cannot use these as they do not fit with the torsion bar suspension.
Will have to go with Bilsteins for a pair @ $160.

Rear:
$280 for a pair of PERFORMANCE SERIES 2.0 SMOOTH BODY IFP SHOCK
https://www.ridefox.com/product.php?...&position=Rear
or
$160 for a pair of Bilsteins.

NOTE:
I do off-road quite a bit and have tackled some difficult trails with a pretty loaded bed during some overland trips. My current leaf springs are pretty flat but have served their purpose on these trips.

If you have any ideas or concerns please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals