• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need help with swap wiring.

noticz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6 inch Duff Tuff stage 3
Tire Size
33 inch
Hows the wiring coming along? If you need help, have any questions or need a wiring diagram let me know. One pointer that I can say helped me in doing my wiring is that I used electrical screw wire terminals. It allows you to easily hook up and disconnect things and you can use different colors for the wires that you have traced and checked....Once you get everything working you can remove them one by one and solder and heat shrink everything.

I thought my wiring was going to be a nightmare when I started it but the prep work is what made it easy. I printed off wiring diagrams for each vehicle and color coded the pages so I could look up both schematics at the same time. Made everything mostly easy!

MVIMG_20200229_151955 (2).jpgIMG_20200229_150556.jpgMVIMG_20200229_150658.jpgMVIMG_20200229_150733.jpg

David Nelson

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2005 /1987
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Hows the wiring coming along? If you need help, have any questions or need a wiring diagram let me know. One pointer that I can say helped me in doing my wiring is that I used electrical screw wire terminals. It allows you to easily hook up and disconnect things and you can use different colors for the wires that you have traced and checked....Once you get everything working you can remove them one by one and solder and heat shrink everything.

I thought my wiring was going to be a nightmare when I started it but the prep work is what made it easy. I printed off wiring diagrams for each vehicle and color coded the pages so I could look up both schematics at the same time. Made everything mostly easy!

View attachment 37866View attachment 37865View attachment 37868View attachment 37867
noticz thx for the message. I think my project is a little different than yours. I'm doing 1997 ranger running gear into my 87 B2. I'm using the B2 headlight harness to which handles all of the accessories. Lights and such. I'm using the complete 97 ranger underhood harness. Engine harness and PDB and computer. The interior fuse box will service the interior and lights. Under the hood PDB will service the running gear. I sure like those electrical manuals where did you get them? I could use some for my trucks.. THX David

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals