• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Neighbor hates my project. Photoshop it fugly

jkw

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Like the title says. My neighbor called code enforcement on me for a ranger rolling chassis sitting beside my house. So to comply with the code enforcement inspector I moved it out of sight from the road which is conveniently about 20 feet from his back porch. Now since this was just gonna be a track toy I don't care how it looks. Right now I'm thinking neon/glittery green and orange zebra stripes with some kind of awful stars or flames coming back. Give it your best shot, have some fun, and photoshop this truck or another 98+ ranger as fugly and eye-soreish as possible.
Thanks guys and gals

Attachments

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
There was a kid a couple years ahead of me in high school, he had a old rusty Nova (the nice bodystyle) that was like 5 different colors. He "fixed it" by wrapping the whole thing in duct tape. :icon_thumby:

atikovi

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
My neighbor called code enforcement on me for a ranger rolling chassis sitting beside my house. So to comply with the code enforcement inspector I moved it out of sight from the road which is conveniently about 20 feet from his back porch.
Where you at? You're lucky, in some towns you can't have an unregistered car anywhere on your property.

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Don't live in any of those places. Live where you can shoot guns and pee off your porch and build a wind break of automobile cadavers across the front of your yard. You get to pick where you live. Lots of towns are run by the 3 people that go to the meetings and run for the council and make all the rules. If you don't want to be an angry grass-roots politician, move.

Love that you could drag the truck into closer view of your neighbor and meet the village code. I have a similar situation at my other property. The neighbor that moved in recently had the property line surveyed and found that for the last 20 years I had the whole thing wrong. I lost a driveway to him in court--but the new line means I can build a dirt bike trail 40 feet from his kitchen window. And the best part is--I don't live there--I can just show up, make noise, and go home.

Point is--go ugly with the paint: at least on the side of the truck he can see. It doesn't have to be the same paint on both sides of the truck.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Neon green and orange zebra stripes sounds great. Maybe toss some bright pink on there somewhere lol.

I could never live in an area with rules like that haha. Don't get it. But to each their own.

SVT Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V-6
Transmission
Automatic
I know this is an older thread, but I would do something like this for the daytime.

Then this for nighttime.

I hate nosy, meddling neighbors that cause issues.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Where you at? You're lucky, in some towns you can't have an unregistered car anywhere on your property.
Easy way to solve that is to park so your plate can't be seen from the road. Anyone who calls you on it has to admit they were trespassing first.

That's how my BII has been since I took the plates off it. You have to walk up my driveway, and go around behind the vehicle to see that it isn't registered, and then I can have the person who reported it charged with criminal trespass.

Last edited:

AzLizard

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 2.8
Transmission
Automatic
Easy way to solve that is to park so your plate can't be seen from the road. Anyone who calls you on it has to admit they were trespassing first.

That's how my BII has been since I took the plates off it. You have to walk up my driveway, and go around behind the vehicle to see that it isn't registered, and then I can have the person who reported it charged with criminal trespass.
That's good to know. :icon_thumby:

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
That's good to know. :icon_thumby:
Check your local ordinances about trespassing.

A few towns over there is a borough with an ordinance that says in addition to being registered all cars must have current safety stickers or they can be towed as "derelict" and its an area that is heavy on street-side parking. Their rules say that if you have a car parked on the street or in a shared lot (like at an apartment building), but under a car cover, lifting the cover to check the stickers is also criminal trespass on private property. Lifting that car cover has the same legal penalty as going into someone's back yard and having a BBQ without permission.

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
Interesting.

Who goes to that much effort though?

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Interesting.

Who goes to that much effort though?
It happens. A few years ago one of my dad's friends, who lives in said next town over, had this issue. One of his cars failed inspection, and while he decided what to do with it, fix or junk, he threw a cover over it, and actually caught one of his neighbors who he has had repeated problems with snooping.

I see it at the store I work at part time too. People from a trailer park nearby come in looking for car covers because the land lord is giving them trouble over uninspected cars.

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
It happens. A few years ago one of my dad's friends, who lives in said next town over, had this issue. One of his cars failed inspection, and while he decided what to do with it, fix or junk, he threw a cover over it, and actually caught one of his neighbors who he has had repeated problems with snooping.

I see it at the store I work at part time too. People from a trailer park nearby come in looking for car covers because the land lord is giving them trouble over uninspected cars.
I see.

I just remembered about 3 years ago, my former neighbor came and snopped under a tarp I had covering trash. There was an ongoing issue with the previous renter not paying a garbage disposal fee, and the garbage truck wouldn't pick up OUR trash since our address still had a balance on it. We ended up not paying their $360 balance, and won that battle.

The neighbor walked into our yard/driveway, lifted the tarp, and kept it off. She reported it to the HOA.

We got a notice, a verbal warning via phone, and we were reminded that people are assholes. Now that I think about this, I want to go back and throw a brick through her window. She was a bitch to us multiple times. She didn't approve of my Ranger project either, even though it's got no hardcore body damage, it was inspected, street legal, and sounded and looked good (not loud, average paint, stock). She also called the HOA and said I was running a business in my garage (a friend's buddy had his car in my garage for months, and I do friends' oil changes and brakes for free as we hang out randomly). I've had full-time 8-5 jobs, and dressed in slacks.

Damn.

Neighbors. Ugh.

Thanks, ADSM, for dredging this up. :annoyed:

lol :icon_thumby:

Last edited:

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
No problem. Maybe we should go over to the tailgate and start a Shitty Neighbor's thread.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals