• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

new thread sticky??? What sweet deal did you get today??

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
That ^^^^ is good advice. And he said Tung oil. Not tongue oil.

projectRanger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger STX
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
235/75-R15
Nice! I would suggest either boiled linseed oil or tung oil as a treatment after sanding. Varnish will just get eaten away by your hand sweat.
True that. I was thinking boiled linseed oil. I actually don't know what kind of wood this is. Maybe oak.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
True that. I was thinking boiled linseed oil. I actually don't know what kind of wood this is. Maybe oak.
Shouldn't matter but you may be right. Just make sure you give it plenty of time to dry. It will take a good while.

O No 3.0!

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger xl 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
Aluminum 1 piece driveshaft from an 01 ext cab ranger to replace my 2 piece in my 97. $29 from pull a part.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
got this out of a dumpster this weekend

pretty sure i can find some use for it.

projectRanger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger STX
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
235/75-R15

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Coleman 2000w/4000w peak inverter for $20, works and still had the manual and the original box. The little shed was FREE. Lady had some stuff sitting by the road for free and as I'm loading she says she has a free shed out back, I figured it was gonna be an old wooden dilapidated POS but it ended up pretty nice and a decent size. Scored the Harley Davidson truck for $2 at a yard sale for my boy. Doesn't work but it in decent shape. Those are some of the recent decent deals.

Attachments

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
Coleman 2000w/4000w peak inverter for $20, works and still had the manual and the original box. The little shed was FREE. Lady had some stuff sitting by the road for free and as I'm loading she says she has a free shed out back, I figured it was gonna be an old wooden dilapidated POS but it ended up pretty nice and a decent size. Scored the Harley Davidson truck for $2 at a yard sale for my boy. Doesn't work but it in decent shape. Those are some of the recent decent deals.
I'm jealous of the $20 inverter.:icon_thumby:

1996xlt

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
A new set of rims for the F150 for $110. Like these with center caps and they'll polish up really well:

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I'm jealous of the $20 inverter.:icon_thumby:
It's a bitchin good deal IMO. Havent put much load on it yet since I haven't had much time to mess with it. Once I bought it I hooked it up to a jump pack and plugged in a drill battery charger and it worked so it works for small loads, now to put a bigger load on it. From what I read a 2000w inverter should be able to run a microwave.... imagine sitting outside running a microwave in the woods or field lol. What's his face could eat all the clam chowda hot and toasty.

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Not today but Friday I think, I found an old Victor torch set at a sale they advertised in the paper. I saw it in a box near the back of the warehouse and asked what he wanted for it. $40 he said, I picked that box up in a hurry. Brought it home and hooked it up and slowly began opening the oxygen, it hissed to high heaven so I'll have to take it to the shop for a rebuild, but still, that's far better than the cheapo sets I've seen from H.F. or Home Depot, or what I've seen at pawn shops.
It's a small set SR6B & SR5B Regulators, J100C handle, CA 1260 torch, 0-3-101 cutting tip, and 00 & 01 welding heads, along with 25 ft hose

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Hate to see this thread fade away, always enjoyed a good sale. Especially flea markets and garage, but not so much farm auctions, always thought of those as some kind of vultures or something, until i finally went to one. It turned out to be kinda cool actually, snack trailer and everything. The people who owned the place were actually happily following along, it almost seemed as if they were taking the bank on this one, circa 1987. I never went to another farm auction, but a nearby neighbor had one last year i believe it was, an awesome event, although i didn't go, saw the vehicles coming and going all day long, as well as hauling off things i wished i had known about. (these weren't all his, but lots belonged to people he knew or customers at his feed mill or feed store, most of his was simply selling out equipment he needed to move after the gov't ended some farm subsidies, and he'd gone into cattle ;) )
Years ago I'd go to yard sales Saturdays just to browse around, never found a half a million dollar blanket or nothin, but enjoyed them just the same, as well as finding some deals. I developed a system at the flea markets though, pricing two things i didn't give a care about, before asking the price for one I did(usually from there came up with their "sensible" offer).
I hardly go to the flea markets and garage sales(unless they're on my way and fit my schedule) anymore but will often check the local shopper for estate sales, which can be sad or happy, depending on the circumstances. Personally i prefer the Living estate where they are downsizing, even tho still i wonder sometimes if they've downsized to a 10x20 or a 3x6 :/ but never really ask. At these ones you do not "barter", simply ask the price if necessary, and either take it or leave it, unless you wish to go back Sunday and see it it's still there (which it most likely won't be)

annnyhow thursday, i went one to one that had signs out everywhere, on my way through town and found some things of use to me, tho no longer to them, not all bargain basement, but good enough, and mostly quality stuff that I may or maybe not ever use, but anyways

This stuff was given out to an agent, seems the kids had long since gone,

found an 8 ft' Husky ladder (which I couldn't even find online anymore, guess they sold out to Werner?)
i like how they wrote the price with a permanent marker across one of the labels

An ancient Black & Decker finishing sander for $4, a droplight w/ flood lightbulb for $5, and a finetooth handsaw, made in USA(which was sharp) for $5

A fire extinguisher $5 and some cooling grates(both for $3) to use around the smoker

An extension for $1, some gate latches ($1 each) and a busted globe lamp with a cool weather station set ($4)

A charcoal chimney and long handle paint roller ($5 for both)

And that last photo is the globe lamp(which i already removed from the weather gauges) and a 150 watt halogen worklight ($2) which I got a few weeks ago at a warehouse cleanup sale, but just recently found bulbs for. Both Wmart stores I'd tried didn't have them (these use a 3" bulb) and Home Depot didn't have them, but when I walked around the endcap to look at their clearance stuff, there they were! Two bulbs for $6 (i got two packs, should last me till i'm 80) ) ;)

Attachments

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals