• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Newb with questions

Nullifier

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Ok guys I have had a 1997 ranger 2wd for my daily since new. The second tranny just died at 237K. Other then that the truck has been great.

I have been using a '96 Tacoma as my offraod truck and am going to replace it soon. I am thinking a new ranger but have a few issues. Most of my trips are long distance down to mexico etc. I run everything from desert roads, mud, mountain trials etc. No major rock crawling mostly just exploring.

It appears that no one makes a good suspension system for the new 4wd rangers. Camburgs units only work with the 2wd models. and the dixon bros kit is L.T. which i do not want to do. Rear suspension is no problem I'm sure deaver can make what ever I want as usual. The issue is the front. I want a good all around suspension that doesn't use drop brackets. I want to clear a 255/85/16 without major issues. Since the truck comes with a 255/70/16 it should not be that big a deal to fit them.

So what if any options does a newb like me have in the suspension dept.

Also does anyone know if the TJM ranger snorkel is compatable with the current u.s. spec units. On my '97 the intake is on the pass side but not sure about the current '07-'08 units.

That is a start. I searched around on the forums but it seems most of the data is for older trucks.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals