• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Nitro Power Rc questions

Chic N Stew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9ltr
Transmission
Manual
ohhh, i got the traxxas revo 3.3, i love this thing, sry for the so large pics

lil red

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
the revos are sick
i still love the tmaxx
but i dont have any time for it now

Chic N Stew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9ltr
Transmission
Manual
i dont have much time for them now either, with me getting older and working any spare time i have, lol

michowski

Reaction score
odie always remember this, tune for performance and not temps. When the engine is running its best and is tuned good then the temps should be in the 240 range. Anywere from 200-300 is normal for a traxxas motor. My 3.3 was always around 190-220 and hauled ass. I never took the temp untill my last tank of the day or at a race during pit stops.Tune for performance, not temp.

odie1969

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l sohc
Transmission
Automatic
Ok guys I stuck at this point I'm running sidewinder fuel due to the fact the guy at the hobbie shop states that is what he is running and it also it has after run mixed wth it already. now my second prob. is the that I think I need a new glow plug due to the fact that as soon as it starts i pull the ign. off and the motor dies not sure if motor is to lean or to rich cant get it running long enough to test. the truck is a used off evilbay it is a duratrax statium truck all the radios and everything else works but unable to get running. thanks guys

camma83

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
THis big " "
Transmission
Manual
Dang it, my internet craped out after i typed a lot... Well it sounds like a to lean, if you were to rich you would notice a lot of unburnt fuel coming out of the pipe, also you go through glow plugs quite fast sometimes so u might want to go get you some more of them. What do you use to heat up the glow plug? just play around with the idle screw, They are really easy to tune once u get them to an idle. And make sure you break them in properly, a lot of people say different things but i run about 3 tanks of low to short bursts of mid rpms and 2 tanks of mid rpm running around then i just take it easy on it and don't wide open it until i have got through atleast 8 tanks total,But hey i have seen them not broke in properly and they run just fine.... u got me...

Chic N Stew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9ltr
Transmission
Manual
mine broke my ankle about a year ago, run away truck, lol

michowski

Reaction score
well problem one is you bought a duracrap. For the motor I would richen it up half a turn on high and low speed. Sounds to lean. Give that a shot

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual
definately start with new glow plugs. dont just get the same as what are in there. when i first got started i just took what the hobbyshop guy gave me and they were the wrong glow plugs. go online to tower hobbies and look up each engine. towerhobbies has very good writeups on thier products. see what each engine is supposed to use for a glow plug and get the correct one.

the hobbyshop guy says that the sidewinder fuel has after run oil in it already huh? woop dee doo. all fuels have oil inthem. the purpose of after run oil is to coat the inside of the engine to protect it from corrosion. you see, the fuel is hydrophilic meaning it attracts water. when your done for the day, you need to empty the fuel tank, put the glow starter on, and keep yanking the starter till it doesnt pop any more to get all the fuel out of the inside of the engine and the fuel lines. then you put in the after run oil to protect the internals till the next time you play.

also when you look up the glow plugs, find the manuals for each engine so that you will know what the proper needle settings are to start with. each one will also include an instructional on tuning the engine.

tuning is something that takes practice and needs to be done each time you go to use the car. it is surprising how much difference a little bit of barometric pressure or a few degrees of tempurature or a couple points of humidity can make in how the engine runs. as such, it is something that your brother(brother right?) will need to learn to help his kids. it is something that takes practice.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals