• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

No A/C - I’m Lost...

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
before a shop recharges it they should put vacuum to it and see if it holds. plus that evacuates all the moisture. most shops won't just charge an unknown system.

Denisefwd93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
stock, may get leveling springs in front "somday"
Tire Size
So my A/C compressor face plate is now not engaging at all. I removed the plastic caps from the high and low-pressure check fittings and gently pressed down on the ball bearing inside. Got a slight “pffff” out of each (both when the truck was running with the A/C turned on and when it wasn’t). Seems like the pressure is really low in the system. Therefore, I’m kind of thinking that it would be okay to just order the new o-ring set from LMC, start replacing them, then have a shop refill the system and hope for the best. Anyone disagree? Are there any tests that can be performed on the compressor, condenser, TEV, etc or does one just have to pay for the system to be charged and hope it works?

Thanks!

PS - I’ve never had a shop evacuate and refill an A/C system before. I’m anticipating that it will be a couple hundred bucks?
You don't want to open a system unless you are sure the pressure has been reduced to zero. if not, you're going to have a very oily mess on your hands and pretty much all over the place where you happen to open up the system. I would suggest you just take it to a shop and have fixed. If you did not put UV dye in the system that PO probably did.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals