• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

No heat in '00 Explorer

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
I imagine I know the answer, but just checking...

2000 Explorer Limited 5.0L with I think it's called ETAC? full auto climate control setup with rear controls and fan speed control instead of resistors...

When I got it the fan speed control was shot, fixed that with a junkyard control. It's always had to be higher on the temperature than it should IE setting it at 74* or so in winter to be comfortable with a jacket, if you are cold have to go to full temp to get hot air. A/C blows coldish, the compressor cycles constantly no matter what setting it's in, needs a new clutch but that's from it not disengaging not slipping.

I have a feeling the blend door and or motor might have an issue, I picked up a blend door motor at the junkyard but it's not the easiest to get to that back screw... So anyone else vote one of those two? I have searched some and see there was an improved Dorman blend door available for cheap but isn't too easy to just try...

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Ok, I gotta do some digging on this stupid auto system... if I crank it up to 80 I get heat like it should at about 72ish... however it's sensing the temperature is off or the blend door is out of wack...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals