• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Please Help. 2005 2.3 AC Issue

Ranger_Danger_

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
7"
Tire Size
35x12.50r15
Hey everyone! Your local Ranger Gal here. I need some help.

My 2005 2.3L AC has stopped working.

Here is the symptoms:
AC will, at random, blow cold. No specific amount of time. Sometimes it is 15 minutes. Sometimes it is 10 seconds.

It will mostly blow hot. Much like the temperature outside (Sunny Central Florida).

I have recharged it, added more of the Refrigerant and had pressure on the compressor(low pressure side I believe it is referenced as in the manual), and it blew cold in the cab. The compressor had condensation and I can hear it turn on/kick on. So I assume the compressor is healthy.

What could it be?
I know there is a switch in the actual panel, and there is a "Heater Valve" that differentiates between hot/cold.
I just don't want to start buying items and replacing stuff for no reason. AC parts are not cheap.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
The blend door actuators are notorious for failing on these trucks. Usually when they fail they simply stick in one position though so you'd just get constant hot or constant cold. If it's randomly switching from warm to cold my first guess would be the temp switch on the panel itself. Second guess would be the high or low pressure switch on the AC line failing and causing the compressor to stop running.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals