• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Problem with LED blinkers and I need some help

Auggyy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B2300
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
225-65-17
So i upgraded all the lights I could on my truck to LED. I upgraded the blinkers and installed an LED blinker relay too. The problem is when i signal left or right they blink just fine but the relay buzzes very loudly. I bought brighter LED bulbs thinking it might not be enough power draw for the relay but it still buzzed. I bought a new relay from a different brand and that one also buzzes. The odd thing is that if I have the heat on in the cabin once it warns up then they blink fine. When the cab is cold the buzz. If anybody knows what's going on here I really want to fix it.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
That style flasher may just be temp sensitive.

You may need to install ballast resistors at the lights and run a traditional flasher to eliminate the sound completely.

Auggyy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B2300
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
225-65-17
I've been hoping to avoid adding resistors. That's why I went with the LED "hyperflash fix" relay instead but it looks like my only option

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Personally, I'd ride it out until Spring and see if the issue truly is temperature sensitive.

HAWGFORD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Am in the middle of this.. and the flasher under the dash is buzzing... a 97 xlt2.3. The EP27 relay is whats supposed to fix the hyperflash,but I have NO flash and confused about where the new relay goes, but I assume in the underhood fuseblock...Before I changed from conventional bulbs[ was told using 3157 in 3156 slot is fine] i had flasher buzzing that a wiggle of the already replaced wand assembly fixed,and signals all flashed even and regular.I'm assuming with the new ep27 relay i need a new flasher? Its highly possible I would be changin out the original,as I;m second owner, on a high mileage but sweet clean southern commuter truck, bed floor has perfect paint...Any recommendation on a flasher unit or ? I will post up again when the new relay goes in..Much better prices online than your corner store.....Next up is changing the bump stick to the earlier version for the 15 hp gain. i am commutin it 5 hours Fla/Ga line between residences and want that for big road merge,etc..i have found too, that since I don;t require a CA T here, 2in pipe and a jones full boar,turbo muffler[look like glass pack] seems to give me plusses in everything related. 330 mile commute, on 1 tank of gas on a 350k 2.3 lima. on a regular basis,I must be doin somethin right,.and thats with fresh rebuilt 4r44e...Motor/stick trans replacement with forged pistons and turbo in the future...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals