• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Project: Jurassic2

90jurassic2

U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well this is my second Ranger I've owned. I figured since I've lurked enough and asked some questions on TRS, it was time I show what I got.

It's a dark green 1990 Ranger Lariat edition. Nothing special really. After lifting my old Ranger and doing a motor swap, I traded for this truck that already had a 5.5" lift and TSL's. It tucked the tires better than my last truck.

The old next to the new... ish...

Not 3 days after driving this gem I took it out to my buddy's property and got it sunk in a mud hole. The auto locking hubs it came with were broken, so when I put stress on my front end it would pop and disengage.

My friend was stuck in my truck for a little bit...

I finally got pulled out by my buddy's 1970's F-250 Ranger. I had to get the two together.

Last edited:

90jurassic2

U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Some time went by and I blew the 2.9 that was in there. I've had no luck with that motor. So I swapped in my old 4.0 out of my other truck. I only took one photo because I'm more of a get it done kind of guy, and also this was my second swap.

90jurassic2

U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I then swapped in some Bronco 2 seats that I traded some doors for. When I got them the were less than clean...

But with a little bit of elbow grease and some carpet cleaner they cleaned up rather well.

They left my cab with way more room.

90jurassic2

U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I go to a small school somewhat on the outskirts of Gresham, Oregon. So I've always had the biggest truck (hard to believe huh?) so I would always hear kids at school be like "He's the kid with the lifted truck" and stuff like that. And for a while I just left my truck how it was. But I never got the feeling it was rugged enough (probably because I don't have a Dana 44 yet...) Then I heard that one of my friends was selling a soft top made out of an old canvas army tent cover. I immediately called him up and bought it off of him for a whopping 80 bucks.

Finally my truck was complete for the time being... Or was it?

Last edited:

90jurassic2

U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The paint was somewhat coming off of my hood, and there were spots that were taken down to the primer. When my uncle was over for Christmas he took one look at my truck and said "We should paint your hood. Rattle can black." So we planned it out carefully and executed. It turned out not half bad.
(Sorry for the poor quality, and the fact that its dark out. In some other photo's you'll be able to see that the hood is in fact black.)

All this time I was enlisted into the Marines. I kept on thinking about how to get the most unique truck in Gresham, while doing a small tribute to the Marine Corps. I came up with the idea to put the eagle globe and anchor onto the hood. Not a bad idea, eh?

We took my hood off my truck and taped out the Eagle Globe and Anchor which took us about six or seven hours. Way longer than expected.

Then while the hood was still warm, at 11 P.M. we carried it outside and painted it. We kept a hair dryer on it to make the paint dry fast and to not waste time. After some nagging from his wife, my aunt, we bolted my hood back on and I went home. I then went back later today to finish peeling the tape off, and look at it in the daylight. I am pleased with how it turned out.

For now this is all I can do because I'm going to school, and this summer I'll be off to San Diego to become a Marine. When I get back from boot camp I plan on SASing it. It's still up in the air about axles, whether or not I want to go with 1 tons or not. It still will be a DD for the most part. I'm still wondering about a 2.3 swap. Maybe rattle can the front end.

Last edited:

90jurassic2

U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I just uploaded these photo's of snow season so far with my friends. We go up WildCat in Sandy. If you live around here, you've probably heard of it.
We meet up at the fire station a little bit down the road
That's my friends Jeep, and my little cousin in the white jacket. I figured I'll show him how the better half lives.

Going up and coming down was beautiful. This is the only pretty picture I got, and its getting hogged up by my rough and ready looking truck.

Then we went all the way up the main road to a turn around. While I was backing up my back end slid into a ditch. Which led to my bumper being used as a snow plow to get out.
:icon_hornsup:

Coming down was pretty uneventful. We set up at Toyota corner and had a fire until we got hungry and went into town to get some McDonalds.

Rangers lead the way!!:icon_twisted:

Poser Pics:

Rangerman4158

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
nice truck man I like the way you are going with it

90jurassic2

U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks guys. I'm planning on doing a stereo system soon, just gotta part my other truck out.

86MUDRCJ

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Nice truck! I like that canopy top. That about doin it to move so we have some place to sleep or store stuff when it rains.any better pics of it?

90jurassic2

U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Here's some more pics of the canopy:

There are two velcro "hiding spots". One on the outside

(You can see the wood two ba furr frame that the canopy is made out of)

And one on the inside.

The headboard is made of ply wood or whatever that stuff is called.

The canopy is held by c claps that go under the bed rail.

I got it for camping, and when me and my buddies go up in the woods. It leaks a little if I leave it out in pouring rain all day. It's made out of a canvas army tent water proof cover.

Last edited:

90jurassic2

U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So as it sits right now there's 2 blocks in the rear with stock ranger leaf springs. The springs have a lot of flex to them still, so I want to move my shackle hanger forward a little bit, take the blocks out, and them put a big shackle lift in. Any yays or neighs? Any advice?

86MUDRCJ

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
How big of a shackle?

90jurassic2

U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Was gonna do a 6 or 7 inch. That's getting the back burner though because I'm putting a 2.3 turbo in next weekend hopefully.

86MUDRCJ

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That's awesome. What's the motor out of?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals