Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Weird about the overflow/washer container.
LMC lists replacements for all except the 1993 / 1994. Wondering if one for a 1995 would work.
They list one on page 114 of their Ranger catalog.
Grumpaw
I saw that. My plan was to get to the yard when I see a 1995 pop up and see how it looks. I've got $20 that says I can make it work... and if not, I have a Hobart 220 that could assist with mounting. Haha

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 173A8B749AB83C Expires: January 1, 2020

Freshmeat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Weird about the overflow/washer container.
LMC lists replacements for all except the 1993 / 1994. Wondering if one for a 1995 would work.
They list one on page 114 of their Ranger catalog.
Grumpaw
So after doing some digging, the '95 unit is a lot "fatter", so it'll hit the air box on the '94.

I'm not at all opposed to converting over to the '95 air box so I can run the newer overflow/washer bottle. Just need to catch one at the junk yard. It's been doing fine without the overflow so far and I haven't even had to top it off, really.

Last week I installed the Skyjacker 132X springs up front as well as a set of ProComp 3000 series shocks and that made a HUGE improvement in tightening up the ride, then I drove it to the shop and installed the 31x10.50R15 Toyo AT2s I had stacked in the garage. I also put in a set of Weathertech rain guards so I can have it parked for a few days at a time without getting that "old truck smell" all over again.

The springs gave me 2.75* positive camber, so I ordered the Moog camber bushings to correct them, but I won't be able to get to that until after a big wheeling event we have this coming weekend.

Freshmeat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
See if this works... I figure I’m well overdue for an updated pic...

Between the new coils and the 31s it sits pretty much exactly how I wanted. I’m looking into leaf fitment to try to run a newer set of springs, but will simply replace the bushings in these if needed.

Next move is to get the A/C functional, then swap out the 3_54 7.5” with a 4L10 8.8” rear end to make up for the tire size.

Attachments

Freshmeat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Made a bit of progress in recent weeks...

We swapped out the 7.5” with 3.45s for a Ranger 8.8” with 4.10s. It’s open diff, 28-spline, and drums, but I’m fine with that. I don’t need 31-splines for a street driver and I’ll toss in a TrueTrac later for better traction in the yard. It’s the much bigger of the two drum options, so it stops way better than before. We also added a 1” block I had laying around to knock out the ever so subtle Cali lean.

Yesterday the personalized antique plate “PAPA J” showed up. I’ve never been one for vanity plates, but this one really fits!

I was hoping to post a couple photos of the work, but I keep getting server errors. Maybe next time!