• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

propane propane

94redranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Dont listen to the guys who say it isn't worth because it is. For one you live in alberta were the propane is the cheapest around. The power difference is only noticeable if you make it noticeable like flooring it and maybe taking actual 0-60 times. When you get a propane conversion for EFI all the sensors aren't used for it the only thing you need is an aftermarket ignition timing advance computer and it will run really good and you can get the most power and RPM range out of that fuel. I have been using my system for a year and a half and have no problems and I can switch back to gasoline with a flick of the switch. To buy a new kit may or may not be worth at this day because oil is so high. It is cheaper to run than gas in a ranger because the engine is only a 4.0L V6 not a 5.7L V8. Take it from a guy who actually has a propane conversion.

Evan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
Dont listen to the guys who say it isn't worth because it is. For one you live in alberta were the propane is the cheapest around. The power difference is only noticeable if you make it noticeable like flooring it and maybe taking actual 0-60 times. When you get a propane conversion for EFI all the sensors aren't used for it the only thing you need is an aftermarket ignition timing advance computer and it will run really good and you can get the most power and RPM range out of that fuel. I have been using my system for a year and a half and have no problems and I can switch back to gasoline with a flick of the switch. To buy a new kit may or may not be worth at this day because oil is so high. It is cheaper to run than gas in a ranger because the engine is only a 4.0L V6 not a 5.7L V8. Take it from a guy who actually has a propane conversion.

I didn't know they had an EFI propane kit for RBVs. That changes things a little.

And yeah, from what I've heard the power loss from propane is barely noticable. Had a number of people tell me this (including you) who actually run propane.

kaskirov

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
found a place closer that sells propane for trucks; $0.809/L. thats saving 50cents a liter!! thats like 60% of the cost! i should see if i can get one designed for a ranger, or buy an older truck already converted...

kbd635

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
OK, so who in here can point me in the right direction for a Dual fuel Propane Conversion for a 4.0L EFI Ranger? (Obviously without advertising!)
Thanks,
Kenny

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals