• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Q Logic Q Forms 6.5" Kick Panel Speaker Enclosures for Ford / Mazda / Bronco II / Ranger / B-Series

Terry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Has anybody used the kick panel enclosures? I am looking to mount speakers in a standard cab 1987 ranger with a stick.

Terry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I emailed Q logic. They do not recommend their kick panel enclosures for manual trans trucks. I will build custom door panels for my speakers.

sooperxtool

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1993 2004
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I have some that I haven't installed so far, going to try and see if I can manage to get it done this year in my new (to me) ranger. It is a stick, but from what I remember it should work with a bit of modification to the parking brake.

I guess I could see how it might be an issue with the p. brake pedal being too close to the clutch and causing issues. I'll try and mock them up today, if I can remember, to see how much the p. brake would need to be moved.

sooperxtool

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1993 2004
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Ok sorry, finally got to storage.

I think its doable from my estimations. I understand the pictures are hard to read depth but maybe gives you an idea.

The parking brake would definitely need to be modified a bit like they mention. But I think in the ''off'' position, the height between it and the clutch pedal are different enough for it to work. In other words, the parking brake should be far enough towards the driver it to not create too much issue.

Of course, this is a pretty crude mock up as you can see, so a more in depth analysis is definitely in order to make a better judgement.

The picture with my foot on the clutch is with it fully to the floor

86isuzu

TRS Member Since 2003
Supporting Member
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
I've been interested in these for years now. I think you're the first person on this website to have them. I've got a manual as well, and it sure seems like you're losing a lot of legroom there.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals