• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Question about parts/suspension lift plans

spittinfire

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
Hey guys, I used to be here a lot but haven't been for a while for various reasons. I got my Ranger back on the road at 100% after some drivability issues and it's sparked the interest again. I've had the truck for nearly 20 years and I've always wanted to lift it but was never able to. I'd love to get a complete 6" Skyjacker system but it's not going to happen so I've been looking at other options and I've put this idea together.

Its a 94 4x4 4.0 extended cab that left Ford with the metric equivalent of 31s. I've been running it this way for the last 405k miles. I would like to step up to wither 32x11.50s or 33x10.50s and here is how I was going to do it.

In the front use a leveling spring to gain a little bit of travel and then machine a small spacer for under the coil to get another inch or so. I figure this should get be somewhere around 2-3" of lift. I'll have to look around for a shock but I'm not worried about that.

My concern is being able to get the truck aligned once I lift it. I've already got some bushings that allow me to gain more camber adjustment but I'd have to go back and look them up to see exactly how much. Then a friend turned me on to these,

I like the extra camber adjustment that they allow for.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Axle-Pivot-Drop-W-Camber-For-2-4-Lift-Bronco-II-Ranger-83-97-4x4/131243502530?fits=Model:Ranger|Make:Ford&hash=item1e8eb8ebc2:g:m5QAAOSwo~lZecCu:sc:USPSPriority!28115!US!-1:rk:1:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Radius-Arm-Drop-For-2-4-Lift-Bronco-II-Ranger-83-97-4x4/131243508680?fits=Model:Ranger|Make:Ford&hash=item1e8eb903c8:g:nZMAAOSw11ZZebhA:sc:USPSPriority!28115!US!-1:rk:2:pf:0

On the rear I was going to use a shackle to get 1-1 1/2" and probably make new block to get another 1/2 - 1" of lift. Again, I'll have to look around for shocks but I don't see that being a problem.

Anyone see any issues with this or something I'm missing? I'm leaning more towards 33x10.50 15s because I wouldn't have to change my wheels since they're only 7" wide and I don't like the idea of 11.50s on a 7.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals