• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

quick hub dana 44 Q

chico4554

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i got new warn hubs for my dana 44 and they didnt come with the larger spring that goes on the inside of the hub body. Do the new designs not need this spring? I read thru the directions and couldnt find anything about putting this spring in. The outside locking cover has a spring on it that creates tension when in the locked position. Does this replace the large inner spring design? I have not installed them yet, so im not sure if they will work without the inner spring. Thanks for any input.

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
The only spring I remember on mine (Warn Premiums) was the wavy circular one inside the dial (pushes in the gear on the main hub body). There were no others that were visible (or came separate).

chico4554

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
alright, thats what i thought, cause the hubs i took off had the larger spiral spring on the inside of the hub body, and no spring on the inside of the dial. Im thinking thats the way they do it now. Thanks junkie

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals