• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rear leaf spring help

BsmC01

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda b2500
Transmission
Manual
I have a 98 2-wheel drive Ford Ranger that I have plans on turning into four by four off road project in the future but right now I just want to drive it for a little while and my rear leaf springs are sagging and in desperate need of replacement but I do not want to pay for new ones when I'm only going to have it on the road maybe a year before it goes under the torch and gets gutted and turned into something completely different don't want to waste all the money any suggestions I plan on going with a Ford 9-inch in the future

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
You don't say how much experience in fabrication you have. Or what type of off-roading you want to do, that makes a difference in recomendations.
You could look for a leaf pack from a wrecking yard. An Explorer pack will give some lift, and the rear from an explorer is plenty strong, probably as much as the 9". Some Explorers came with rotors rather than drums. But you have to weld on new perches as the axle comes spring under, not over. If your'e going with straight axle in the future you wont have any problem doing the swap.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals