• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Reassembly

murf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Help, I'm reassembling my 2.9 after someone else took it apart and I don't now how the brackets for the alternator and AC compresor go back on. Can't find any pics or manuals that show how everything goes together:pissedoff:

IMenriched

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02'
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 & 5.4
Transmission
Automatic
Murf
where in the GREAT state are you at?

on the off chance we are close...you could look at mine its at 50674

If that won't work....check with a buddies ranger, or find one on a lot, or junk yard and bring paper and pencil, or video cammera, digital cammera, or cell phone that has a cammera....that would be your best bet.

or stop a stranger with a ranger ....if you explain your stuation and ask REAL nice...maybe they'll let have look see.

also try this link it may have a diagram...for log in & password~both of them~ is "library"
http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=url,uid

hope this helps

murf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Thanks.
I'm currently in 50028.
I've tried a number of ways to see a similar vehicle. Everything from going to a used car lot, to going a dealer and asking to see their tech manuals (wouldn't show them, electronic) and all of my buddies that have Rangers are newer ones with different setups.

Well, I'll keep trying.

thanks, again.

Murf

SuperRob

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Sorry that theyre pretty hard to see....on my camera phone.

the alternator bracketry is a lot more straight forward than the AC. The Alternator one has bolts to the front of the block, and the side of the head.

The AC has bolts to the exhaust manifold, and to the block if I'm not mistaken.....trial and error....they only fit one way I guess...

Last edited:

murf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
thanks, I think the pic's will help.

Murf

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
maybe this helps.the alternator is on the pass. side of the motor and the ac bolts to the top of the power steering bracket which is on the driver side of the motor

murf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for all of the help and pic's. I was able to get it back together today. Now let's hope that it starts and runs. I need to pick up a new fuel regulator, thermostat and battery. That's what I will be doing tomorrow.

Once again, thanks for the advice. I will probably be posting again tomorrow asking new questions.

Murf

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals