• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rebuilding front suspension, seeking advice and recommendations

Patrologia

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
3.0L Edge
Transmission
Manual
I recently acquired a 2004 "Edge" and am starting on the process of catching it up on some deferred maintenance. Many of the suspension items (1 upper and both lower ball joints, one tie rod end) need to be replaced.

I've seen some 10 pc or more kits that come with most of what anybody would need. If I go that route, am I getting quality or is it barely acceptable junk? Even if "barely acceptable," is it actually acceptable for me--I'm going to be a relatively light user. Dump runs, bringing stuff home from Home Depot, occasionally relieving one of the daily drivers when they need a day off for maintenance. That's it. No off roading intended. It is NOT a daily driver.
So is something like this is OK? I’m hesitant just because it’s less than some of the individual parts from Moog.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ENS7GGU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_HNYwDbT54X4PK

I want to do this right, but I don't want to outfit it for combat if I'm only planning to send it on milk runs.
Any specific recommendations are humbly appreciated.
If it makes any difference, it's 4WD with torsion bars.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Me....I'd go cheap.

Patrologia

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
3.0L Edge
Transmission
Manual
I like cheap, I just am leery of going too cheap. I have now seen complaints about the Detroit stuff, and wonder if anyone has any suggestions on what would be a better kit, or what components to order separately (still keeping budgetary concerns in mind). Clearly, it doesn't need to be $100, but I don't really want to spend $400 either. Unless I really have to.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals