• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

rebuilding warn hubs

Doom's Day Custom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
Disclaimer: The Ranger Station.com, The Ranger Station.com Staff, nor the original poster are responsible for you doing this modification to your vehicle. By doing this modification and following this how-to you, the installer, take full responsibility if anything is damaged or messed up. If you have questions, feel free to PM the original poster or ask in the appropriate section of The Ranger Station.com forums.

Warn Hubs for Ranger 95-97

This rebuild is for hubs with the bronze bushing in them and i am not sure if this will work with the hubs with needle bearings in them...

I have rebuilded my hubs and want to show everyone how to do it and what not to do!!!!!
Do not unscrew the knob from the hub unless told to do so!!!!!

1-Take the clip out of the housing

2-Then pull the splined shaft with the bronze bushing out of the housing

3-Pull the lighter of the 2 spring which has no taper out of the hub

4-Next comes the lock ring

(WARNING !!!!!! )Here is where it gets tricky because if the cam ring and cam bushing are not in the proper place it will not allow the hub to fully lock or fully unlock and the knob will not have its full range of motion...
5-Clean out the hubs with break clean or with what ever you clean parts with and then mark the hubs and the cam and cam ring really good with white out or some kind of marking device.

6-Peal the warn sticker and then take a phillips screw driver and then take the screw out and WATCH OUT because when you do this the cam,locking ring, and the spring will come out with some force so watch out.

7-The order in which everything comes out will be the cam bushing first with a o-ring and then the cam ring and then the spring and that should be everything..

8-Take the spline piece and take the clip and then pull the bronze bushing off with the washer

If you forgot to mark the ring or cam and can't remember which way it goes together don't worry i have figured out how it goes to together and will work every time and how to put them back together just follow the directions but back words and any questions just Pm me

Tip- To get the cam in the hole so that you can mount the knob onto the cam .I used a screw driver with a big handle to do this because it just made it easier to get the cam in the right position ...

Done by
Doom's Day Custom

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals