• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Regular cab system

97XLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well, as most of you know by now, regular cabs are a pain in the...to get a decet system in them without salvaging you legroom..I've heard that the MTX Thunderforms are really nice boxes, but I'm NOT willing to pay the $300 for one of them..Can anyone maybe help me out and give me the measurements of the Thunderform, so I can just build one myself :)? Or maybe post pics and specs of you regular cab setup to help me out..?

-Cory

RhainyC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Cory,

I can relate totally!!! PITA is for sure what a standard cab install is...

Yeah and I wil watch for suggestions as well...LOL Since I am having my own set of troubles with a standard cab! :temper:

Cheers,
RhainyC

Pistons23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
why not just take some measurements of the maximum available space. im assuming its going to be a wedge box. then take .5" from the top and bottom depth for clearance. there are 8s and a few 10s that will fit. i was planning on putting an 8 but i took some wrong measurement before ordering my amp. so now my amp is right where i was going to put my sub. in order for me to put a sub i have to cut the 6x8 enclosures off of each side of the cab. then move my amp as far to the drivers side as possible. then i should be able to fit a .3cf sealed box no problem

97XLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well you see..I already have to 10's, and they have about a 6in mounting depth..I have someone who can build me a box for it...But he wants to charge me $250...I don't need a spot for my amp because I can put that under my seat..I'm just looking for a little bit of cheaper alternitives.

Pistons23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
why not try building the box yourself?

97XLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I thought about building my own boxes..But I'm an idiot and would probably mess up on getting the measurements knowing me ha. But yeah, I acutally just found THIS box..Granted, there isn't a picture of it, but you think if I got ahold of customer service I could get them to put one up, or maybe send me a picture of it/the specs of it?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals