• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Relay ID...

chazzone

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Yeah, got the basic electrical theory. Do that every day. But, on big industrial motors. I wish Ford put real gauges in these vehicles. It'd be nice to be able to actually monitor what's going on in real time without having to stop and break out a meter.

Maybe I could make my fortune by designing a system that runs a diagnostic on the system on the fly...

Of course, I could add a pod and a bunch of gauges, but I like the simplicity of the factory set up, and this isn't a race car.

In the old days, it was easy to add aftermarket gauges. But I haven't been inspired enough to break open the shell and cut up the factory set up.

Thanks for your help on this.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
You can get digital volt display that plugs into cigar lighter, also has USB charging port, $10-$14

chazzone

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Nothing new under the Sun, I guess. I've seen these new digital engine management interfaces. Probably got exactly what I was thinking of just ready to plug and play. All I need is to get the digital chick that gives me directions to keep track of the operating systems while I drive.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals