• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Replace Flasher Relay

Natustell

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford / Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Model: 2003 Ford Ranger

My front right turn signal will not blink, despite the bulb lighting normally when the light switch is set to "running lights". The dash turn signal indicator flashes rapidly as if there were a dead bulb. After research, I determined that the culprit is the flasher relay. I looked for instructions on removal and found nothing useful. I inspected the mount thoroughly and felt no clips or screws. Assuming that it's retained with friction only, I tugged on it, but the force needed seemed too high. I don't see any corrosion, tape, or adhesive.

Can somebody explain how to remove this? Every video I have found jump cuts the money shot, which makes me suspect that this is a serious pain. I don't want to break anything.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Welcome to the forum

All lights off

Turn on the 4-way flasher
Walk around the Ranger
The corner that is not flashing has a burned out turn bulb......FILAMENT

The front Park light and turn signal are one bulb on the outside but have TWO filaments inside, so the turn filament is burned out, and you need to change the bulb

Bulb number 3457 if memory serves, 3157 will last longer but not as bright
Usually comes in a two pack

When you pull out the socket you will see it has 3 wires
Ground wire, shared
Park wire
Turn wire

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals