• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rough country suspension Help

ParkeTR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I had gotten the 4x4 suspension lift from rough country with the lifted springs. The back of the truck sits 2-3 inches higher then the front of the truck. I called the guys at rough country and I had gotten contradicting answers to the problem. One guy told me to drive the truck and the springs would settle. They did but it’s still higher then the front. The last guy told me the stock blocks in the rear should of been removed but the other guys asked if I had the stock blocks in and said they should be there. Is there anyway to level it out?
FB286DE6-2CEF-496B-9330-7328E1282CB6.jpeg

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Did you lift the rear with an add-a-leaf and a block? If so, you'll have to remove a block.

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
It really comes down to your preference. It could easily level itself out if you add a few hundred pounds of weight in the back. If you never carry anything in the back, you could remove the block and it would probably sit close to level.

Is one of your front drop pieces a bit plate with holes drilled in it that your factory drop bracket bolts to? If so... be real careful... they are notorious for breaking a hole into your front diff. Very poorly designed, but they keep selling them.

ParkeTR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Did you lift the rear with an add-a-leaf and a block? If so, you'll have to remove a block.
I had gotten the Upgraded springs in the rear. I have no lift block just the lift leafs and the factory bump stop block.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
The factory bumpstop block can be removed and the bumpstop will now hit the axle.
The rubber bumpstop hitting the axle is normal practice in vehicles.

ParkeTR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
The factory bumpstop block can be removed and the bumpstop will now hit the axle.
Yes I know this the problem I am having is the front is 7 1/2 inches from tire to fender in the front and 11 inches in the rear tire to fender. The stock blocks are 2 1/2 inches. And if the kit wasn’t supposed to use the stock blocks why are the U bolts they sent me perfect for the new spring and stock blocks. If I removed the blocks the u bolts would no longer fit.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Its a truck. Its supposed to be higher in the back to allow suspension movement when loaded. If you are going for aesthetics then you will have to do some changes to the lift.

ParkeTR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
i believe rough country guarantees the truck to be level when the lift is installed not a ridiculously high rear end. I was just looking for feedback on anybody that has ever had the lift and if they had the same issues. It’s a temporary lift. But I don’t wanna be nose diving everywhere I got.

lvwill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
265/65/17
When I did my lift I was happy with the front at about 5 1/2 inches. I don't know see the truck as a truck like to haul anything so I basically just used shackles to raise the rear 1 1/2 inches or so to make the truck work like I needed.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals