• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

sasing the ranger

hummer_maxxer

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
hey guys im currently putting in a froad 9" and dana 44 froma 1978 f-150. my question iswhat degree of wedges for the radius arms should i use. im using stock radius arms from the 78, and the stock mounting brakets. for coils im using ranger 4 inch lift coils. should have abotu 6 inches total. what degre wedges should i get??

Hondafreak08

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
you dont want to use stock ttb coils in sas. It will be way to stiff because the ttb uses leverage on the coils. You will want to use an eb coil or equivalant(sp) I have never done an sas, although i do plan to start it here soon. I have researched it alot. 79- f150 axles. I dont think anyone could tell you the right ones to use because everyones setup will be different

JohnnyU

"Outlaw"
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
Ls2
Transmission
Automatic
Chances are you'll want to use the 7° bushings, but that's highly dependent on your final lift height, determined by your coil spring selection.

Last edited:

hummer_maxxer

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
ok, i know ttb coils are too stiff but im on a budget and they will do for now, what if i were just to put some rubber and put the radius arms really tight to the axle, this is for off road use only ??

Maverick

FoMoCo MoFo
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
ok, i know ttb coils are too stiff but im on a budget and they will do for now, what if i were just to put some rubber and put the radius arms really tight to the axle, this is for off road use only ??
If you cant afford $30 for C-wedge bushings you shouldn't be building a truck.

Bent Bolt

Ford Technician
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Supercharged 4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
No,no,NO !:badidea:

zachis4wheeling

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
drof
Transmission
Automatic
what if i were just to put some rubber and put the radius arms really tight to the axle, this is for off road use only ??
You know what....THAT'S A GREAT IDEA!....go ahead...DO THIS! And the first time you decide to "fire er' up" and take er for the first ride.....make a video of it and put it on you-tube.

And I thought I still had a lot to learn about how to properly do a SAS! Posts like this make me feel a little more confident in my abilities....

hummer_maxxer

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
on, you guys dont gotta be asses

Last edited:

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
dude.....its like u just asked if u could run your truck without oil becuase its just gonna be a offroad only truck.....for us its the same level of WTF

JohnnyU

"Outlaw"
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
Ls2
Transmission
Automatic
Go post this over on pirate4x4 and find out how nice we're being.
Oh come on now Mav. Have you been there lately? They're really starting to soften up. In fact, some people are even defending some of the dumb-ass shit these days. It's nothing like what it used to be.:rolleyes:

Maverick

FoMoCo MoFo
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Oh come on now Mav. Have you been there lately? They're really starting to soften up. In fact, some people are even defending some of the dumb-ass shit these days. It's nothing like what it used to be.:rolleyes:
Actually I have, and you're right. Things have softened up a bit around there. I think it's because they realized they're not that big of assholes in real life. Only Kimbo Slice could walk around with an attitude like some of those guys have and get away with it. :black_eye:

hitech_hick

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
If you are really pressed to do this thing on a budget, you can use the stock '78 F150 coils and some coil spacers. If you need a little more lift, you could always drop down the coil buckets a little bit. Some things shouldn't be skimped on, suspension components (read YOUR LIFE) are one of those things. Good luck, keep us updated.

hick

hummer_maxxer

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
got the wedges ordered and the coils mounts are made, starting on the rear suspention tonight

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals