• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Sep 24th Intro to the Pines ride (south jersey)

mudboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
After alot of requests I have decided to put together a ride through the pines for those who are not very familiar with them, don't have snorkles and have paint that they care about. You could bring a brand new 2011 Escalade on this ride and not have to worry about scratches or wet carpets. We will stop at a few different landmarks throughout the ride and midday we will have a late lunch at the Green Bank Inn. We will start at the Atco Raceway around 11:00AM and the ride will end in the Lacey Township area. We will be in Wharton State Forest, Brendon Byrne State Forest, and Greenwood wildlife management area. Remember guys, this is for the beginner and or the guys who cares about his paint and interior. Those who are more experienced may find this ride boring, however are more than welcome to tag along. Also remember this is not a brand specific ride, I will be posting this on a few different forums. Depending on recent weather conditions some wet sand may splash up the sides of the vehicle, but any actual mudholes will be bypassable. This will be a kid freindly ride, I will have all 3 of mine with me ( 14 month old twins and a 3 year old)
Reccomended but not required:
Tow point (esp. if you don't plan on going around any mudholes we may encounter)

Strap (same as above, no hooks on end, no "tow ropes" from autozone)

CB ( nice to stay in touch throughout the ride)

Vehicle must be street legal for the State of New Jersey (Same laws on the road are enforced in the woods)

Snacks and Beverages (non alcoholic-Alcohol is prohibited from all New Jersey State parks and Wildlife management areas)

Bug spray

Good attitude (I hate *******s)

camping:
As most of you know already, the ride that I'm putting together for Sep. 24th is going to end at a good freind of mines property. He was kind enough to let us do this. The land is a pristine peice of the pines with some good, water and mudholes and even some small hills. There is a huge area that is used for camping, a clean cedar creek runs right on the edge of this camping area and is perfect for swimming or bathing. 9/24 may be pretty cold to swim though. there is a few things that people have to know though.
1) Respect the land
2) tread lightly
3) take out what you brought in ( there is no dumpsters or trash cans so make sure you bring trash bags).
4) bring food, and a grill or else you will be hungry ( there is no food or drink stand)
5) If you (or significant other) do not feel comfortable going #1 or 2 in the woods, please don't camp.
6) It cost $20 a person (minus kids) not per vehicle. You no pay? you no stay!!
7) this is a family based event. Respect others camping near you. If you know you are going to be loud and rowdy till the wee hours of the morning, try not to camp next to those that are trying to go to sleep at 10:00pm.
8) Alcohol is permitted, you can damn well garuntee that I will be drinking if noone else is.
9) No Drugs, weapons, fireworks etc.
10) this land is blocked off from every dimension you can think of, you will not be able to get in or leave other than the locked gate that we will come in by. I'm not going to give the code out to everyone. If for some reason you must leave for an emergency, I will let you out of the gate. (#2 depository at a local restroom is not an emergency, running out of beer or ice IS and emergency.)
11) there will be a waiver to sign covering the landowner from lawsuits. For every person they WILL sign one. If you have children that are minors you WILL sign for them.

I will have copies of these waivers at the event, so that way your co-pilot can fill them out during the ride. This will save sometime once we get to the land. I can also scan a copy of the waiver and send it to you by email, if you leave me your email address, at this point you can mail it back to me, scan it and email it to me or fax it to me. I do not want your $20 till we get to the land. At that point I will do a head count and have people sign a sheet stating that they paid. The number of people I count will match the number of $20s that i have. This money will go directly to the landowner. I prefer getting the waivers done and out of the way. The less paperwork i have to worry about, the sooner I get to my beer. the sooner I get to my beer, the bigger my smilie gets.
I'm looking forward to this day and looking forward to meeting all of yall

mudboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Heres the list so far. yes it's rather large.

NJJA:

Mudboy
RedZJ
Toad97
dasilva4x4
jeepzilla609
MudTJ
shadowouch
Toywheeler
Boots
BIGRIG05 (possibly)
Garvin (possibly)
WBG ( couple others)
omgwtfxj (few others)
jobrien (+1)
John__505
Weezerpiebald
Greenmeanie (+1)

jeepforum:

dennis461
Demolition X
nottusyeroc (and a few others)
sk1er18
stanbo
brunkhorse
cascivic
Ebrown37
lifewalk
Stamos
nj-rubi
baytide
Beefstew
jkrat
nmitsu22
Jeep Green 4door
Grimm5577
Asored2000
05WKinPA
DaveWK42 ( +1)
Yatzi1980
straty1987
TheHighLow
YJSXJ (maybe)
wjnewguy

Misfits4x4:

Xdaily & 87Chevy (same vehicle)
Foryota (possibly)
Jeep Thing (possibly)

Explorerforum:

876lugSTX aka HEC
tgreene92
Paraphoe
LiKuiD
Dreddog47
?????
tbird8862 (maybe)
Bats (maybe)
05fronty
Govna47 (maybe)
MustangAndy (maybe)

Fullsizebronco:

JMSC1115
bigblew79
DamageIncNY
rooster454
Deadeyedevon (+ a few more)
2ndhelping

Jersey Devil:

gmczr2 (maybe)
KingOfThePines (maybe)
91Blzr93xj
Sal (maybe)
F35088 (few more)
JerseyGirl4x4

Jkowners:

Unsub
Sniper's
Fun Wagon
wishbear
JerseyJeep95
Dancin Dan
jeeperjkj

TriStateTuners:

RussianKid (possibly)

Got Mud:

Me-Kevin
Mike
Andrew
Karl
Carlos
Naz
Chris
Alex
Frank
Will
Jason
Joe
scott5640
There will likely be more. I don't know who is bringing families yet

Outlawed Offroad:

Victim of pain
tripleg

wrangler forum:

Srad600
Deputy45
456yj
blue smokey (+1)
BRunyon7

Last edited:

RumpRangerSTX

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Holly shit Mudboy I think you got a convoy!! I should be there but u already have me down if not the trail ride can I still go camping

scott5640

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
add me to got muds list..im actually in their club..

my emails wwefnatc92@aol.com im so down for this

t0x1k

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slo
Transmission
Automatic
Had intentions of going, until I saw the list. Too big of a convoy for me.

Flash Gordan

Savior of the Universe!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Interesting. I might be able to come along as long as the truck keeps running. I need to change the plugs and wires.

01B3K

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I would love too, but thats like the 3rd week of fire academy, and i cant miss any days till after the 4th week....... Truck will have to wait to get muddy another time

mudboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Had intentions of going, until I saw the list. Too big of a convoy for me.

I wasn't expecting it to grow this much at first. I usually prefer not to go on ride with anymore than 10 trucks lol. After it started to grow I said screw it lets go big. I don't have it listed yet but I'm looking to do this ride as a "Wounded Warriors" benefit. I'm getting in contact with them today and should know on Monday. Just donations nothing madatory. So at least that way it will be for a good cause.
Also I don't think it will be to bad. I have 3 people who will be keeping in contact on seperate handhelds through out the day. Me in the front and at least 1 guy in the middle and one guy at the end, this way the group doesn't get seperated. I also have one guy who will be following behind the group a couple miles back, his responsibility is to help anyone out that is broken down or take anyone to the pavement that may need to leave early. This way the group doesn't get held up at all.

scott5640

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
what you should do is split it into groups of 10

Flash Gordan

Savior of the Universe!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Good idea Scott. Have one leader of each group knowing where the whole group is going and what the itinerary is at all times.

mudboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I have considered it, the problem I have been running across, is there's alot of people tha know Wharton but not Greenwood, or Warren Grove or vice versus. I'm going to be doing a prerun with my GPS and bringing along a set number of people who wouldn't mind guiding and go from there. I have to put a fuel pump in my explorer this weekend so maybe in a week or 2.

Vanner1993

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1983, 1977
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
460, 351M
Transmission
Manual
This sounds really cool, I just told a friend of mine with a cherokee and we are definitely in

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
Quote from Mudboy on Ex forums:

Alright here's the deal. I'm canceling the "event". WE will still have a trail ride I will happily lead the trail ride. The trail ride is open to the public. Since it is trail ride and not an event i cannot control who comes and who doesn't. this is not a demonstration, rally, race or any other organized EVENT. THE MEET UP LOCATION HAS BEEN CHANGED so if you show up at the Atco Raceway youre on your own. PM ME FOR NEW LOCATION. I cannot garuntee that I will reply to you if you have not already mentioned interest. I will also say that due to the new meeting spot there are a couple of puddles that can be rutted out pretty bad. they can be gone gone around without a problem however you may get a couple of surface scratches. I will also be canceling the planned stop at the Green Bank Inn. I'd suggest for everyone to bring food for themselves and their passengers because we will not be passing any places to eat. Unfortunately due to this being the "you can't have fun here state" it will not be as good as I planned. i was looking forward to the food, but I guess now unfortunately we will not be supporting a local buisness with the thousands of dollars worth of food we would have ate. If you have this posted on any forums please revise the post. There are a few websites that I posted on origionally that i no longer have access to due to a firewall at work. they are as follows
therangerstation.com (ford ranger based)
cherokeeforum.com
wranglerforum.com
jkowners.com
outlawedoffroad.com

I need someone(s) to go onto these sites and help me out here. I need you to copy and paste my post from here and I also need you to take responsibility and answer PMs with the same response I give you on the meet up location.

Thanks,
Dave.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals