• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Skyjackers crossmember don't fit!

King Crush

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
So I got my lift pretty much all in. All I got to do is put my new brake lines on. Pull the damn pitman arm somehow, put the new on, and put my crossmember on. One problem. I got my radias arm brakets in and my radias arms in too. Well the crossmember Skyjacker gave me is about a 1/2'' to long. I'm thinking of callin' 'em and see what the problem is and see if they will send me a new one. I'm also thinking of cutting it and then re welding it?

Thumper113

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Mine fit perfectly on my 94. It could be that your frame might be tweaked a tad.

Loosen the bolts that hold the radius arm brackets to the frame,

Pry apart those brackets to where the crossmember fits in between them

Install the crossmember bolts

Tighten all of the bolts on the crossmember & radius arm brackets

Try it that way & see if it helps any.

F150hybred

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Before you do any modification of the Skyjacker parts, call them. There are many instances where these parts are not fitting properly. Your not the first nor will you be the last with this problem. So many rangers... so many changes.

King Crush

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well I could losen the braket but the one of the bolts I cant get to unless I take the radias arm competely off and I'm not doin' that cuz I would have to take my coil off, shock and everything. Also for the passenger side they forgot to put the braket of the radias arm and crossmamber braket in there, so after instaling the lift and realizing it was missing and I called Skyjacker and they sent me a new one no ?'s asked exept the # on the box. I had to drill two 1/2'' hole on the passenger side raidas arm braket, and on the driver side enlarge 'em. This puttin' on a lift was a lot more work than I thought. So if I call again will they send me a new crossmember?

brendank

It's only money...
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well I could losen the braket but the one of the bolts I cant get to unless I take the radias arm competely off and I'm not doin' that cuz I would have to take my coil off, shock and everything. Also for the passenger side they forgot to put the braket of the radias arm and crossmamber braket in there, so after instaling the lift and realizing it was missing and I called Skyjacker and they sent me a new one no ?'s asked exept the # on the box. I had to drill two 1/2'' hole on the passenger side raidas arm braket, and on the driver side enlarge 'em. This puttin' on a lift was a lot more work than I thought. So if I call again will they send me a new crossmember?
Call Skyjacker and tell them about it. I'm sure they'll get you taken care of.

King Crush

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well I got it on. Unlosened the driver die braket and it was enough to fir it in there. Just one bracket mad it fit. I have the entire lift on. All I gotta do is put the sterring stabalizer on, and brake lines.

Bent Bolt

Ford Technician
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Supercharged 4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
I had the same issues with my kit. Loosen all the bolts to install the crossmember. I did some trans work awhile back and getting the x-member off and on was much easier the second time.
The frame tends to "suck" together when on a hoist. Another way would be using a jack to spread the frame rails apart....... if you have the room and can do it safely.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals