• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

So Happy To Be Here

mlevo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hello Everyone,

I finally bought a '98 green Ranger XLT with 85k miles on it. I've wanted one of these for so long, and I finally had the opportunity to buy one.

I'm hoping to learn many things from the people in this forum and I thank everyone in advance for that help.

Only bad thing that happened was, I bought my Ranger on the 18th, and sometime during the day today (the 19th) while it was parked outside my apartment someone did a hit and run on my rear bumper. This is the the most frustrating thing for me, because I'm trying to get it repaired by my insurance company and it's a long hassle.

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
Always glad to see new guys here; welcome. Bummer about the bumper; hope you get treated right by the insurance company.

Joe_Roofer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990ish
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hey, welcome mlevo,
Congratulations and sorry to hear about the bumper.
How bad is it?

mlevo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
It was hit on the passenger side, and from what I could see its about a foot wide dent that's about an inch to 1.5 inches deep. It pushed the bumper back into the corner of my rear side panel and scratched up the paint, and caused the driver's side of the bumper to extend out about 2 inches.

Edit: I'll try to get pictures of everything when I can, but I'm on an extremely tight schedule right now with school.

It's a gorgeous truck on the outside, other than minor scratches/blemishes and a few minor dents here and there. The inside looks like it literally came off the assembly line, I was speechless when I set eyes upon it.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals