• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

So I had an idea for one of my guitars tonight

milje

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have three good electric guitars, two Deans that I play regularly, and an ESP that has sat in the case since August when I got the first Dean. I don't particularly care for the pickups in the ESP (not a fan of active pickups), and am thinking of swapping them out. Was going to go with a Fernandez sustainer, but I'm not sure.

Then tonight I had an idea, how about swapping the bridge pickup to something I like (I've experimented with a few in my Dean Soltero, have an idea of what I like), and putting some kind of light system in the neck pickup route? I was thinking maybe a couple of LED's or some sort of strobe, if possible I could control it with the volume or tone control even since if it was more of a screwing around guitar I'd just dime the controls anyways. Have like a frequency control for the strobe, and maybe an intensity control?

Anyone know where I could get a small LED that would fit in the size of a humbucker route? Or anyone know of a place that could make the electronics for me?

Yay? Nay? I was going to mod the crap out of the guitar, put an Original Floyd Rose in it, chrome hardware, some other stuff. Why not make it look cool?

milje

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Oh and this is a little something just for Smokey when he reads this.

Chevelle Kid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I woud be weary of the LEDs causing interference with the pickups.

Oh btw....Deans rule...lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals