• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Sport Trac Fuel Pump replacement

rumblecloud

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Splash
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1-1/2 inch front leveling
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
31/10.50/15
My credo
What's the worst that could happen?
Thanks for the info/ I did the ohm check and got reasonably similar numbers as you suggested - 15 - 170 approx more importantly I found the two float wires. I got nothing from the other two. No power to the motor from a fully charged battery. So I ordered a replacement pump. I should have it by Wednesday.

Fingers crossed...

rumblecloud

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Splash
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
31/10.50/15
My credo
New pump is in and everything is back together.... basically. I actually does run.

I went to change the filter but had great difficulty in trying to remove the front fuel line that runs from the filter to the engine. Now I am having a fuel line leak at that connection. It's a spring lock connector that's used for A/C lines and it refuses to come loose Now it is leaking pretty badly when I turn the key to the on position. Image attached. How in the world do I possibly get that off? I have tried my A/C line tools -- even modified one to fit -- but no luck.

I fear that I will have to replace that part of the line and have no idea where to start or even if that is possible.

Thanks for any advice.

20230825_131009.jpg 20230825_124240.jpg

The first image is supposedly a safety clamp, but I somehow think it can also be used to remove the spring lock??

1692987714451.png

Rock Auto has these, but not sure if it would work.

Last edited:

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
Sometimes you have to push the fuel line toward the filter and push the tool deeper onto the connection... then in one smooth move... twist and pull it apart.

rumblecloud

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Splash
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
31/10.50/15
My credo
I have tried that - it's such a cramped spot. Hard to get any leverage. I may head to AutoZone and pick up a proper fuel line disconnect tool. Just checked and they're only about 15 bucks for five different sizes. Just like the A/C disconnects.

Even if I get it apart - and I will -- it may be useless and I'll have to replace that portion of it anyway.

Thanks for the input. I'll give it another go as soon I recover from this morning's "work out." :p

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals