• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Stock 1990 ext cab 4x4 alignment

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Yikes, thanks for all the info! My truck is stock as a rock, just pulls like crazy. Brand new tires recently and still pulls. So either insufficient caster or too much caster. Got it! Thanks again. Roger
Stock or modified shouldn't matter, I mentioned those type of places mainly because they likely tear deeply into suspensions with some regularity, which normally requires someone have good expertise at sorting out any alignment discrepancies afterward.
But yes, it sounds like your caster angles are off, so you'd just need to have them examine your suspension for alignment.

Would you know of a good place in the SFV? I'm from there, and my alignment would probably need to be redone when i get new bushings. The high tech machine at the shop by my current place made it work for a couple drives before it went back to drifting to the right. My current bushings are pretty old.
I recall a couple off road shops in the Burbank area, but it's been so long since I've been out that way I'm not sure who's still around (or if anyone else has opened shop since then). Having been screwed a few times in the past (not by places in Burbank), I've gotten good at just doing all my own work now.

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
These are best I can do at the moment Rog, maybe you can sort it out. Hope it helps

Attachments

rcknrog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger 4x4
Transmission
Automatic
I'm sorry Rog, guess I'm currently camera-less, got some batteries last night and now it comes on but the display isn't, I tried switching to viewfinder and it's not either. It's been on the brink awhile and I recently bought a new one but took it back after seeing the photos on PC were blurry and it was a 20 MP, I was going to get another one but looked at the reviews first and looked like it was heading in the same direction. I'll still try to get you that info but it might be a bit longer
Thank you I appreciate it.
1D4E9DA6-8585-4C79-B454-6DB850F8B68C.jpeg

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Thank you I appreciate it. View attachment 32368
Man, that's a nice truck you've got there

Those numbers on the 1st photo under the adjuster and the pinch bolt are the original Ford numbers, and in the last photo the numbers on the adjuster are likely true to the original Ford part. These came from a CD I bought on ebay shortly after buying my Ranger in 2006, it's Ford branded, and the same CD as they used in the Ford dealership repair shops (altho it's directed towards the 93-94 models)

Last edited:

rcknrog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger 4x4
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks, I have my Dads initials on the plate. He passed in 2013 I feel close to him when I drive it:) Damn thing just pulls to the right:-( It’s not a huge deal it just bugs the shit out of me though. Hopefully I will find somebody to help me as time goes on have a good rest of your day. Roger

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals