• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Sun Visor/Rear Window Louvers for a '09 Ranger Sport

LadyRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
V6
Transmission
Automatic
Hello,

I'm interested in getting the Solar visor made by Lund/Keystone (since you don't have to drill into your roof) and also some rear window louvers by Astra-Hammond. Neither company makes anything for the '09 Ranger Sport from what I've seen, the latest I can find is for the '06-'07's. Would these still fit my vehicle? It seems to me the body styling hasn't really changed the last few years... I just want to make sure they fit before I buy. Any help is appreciated!

edgeaholic (tm)

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Size
4.0 S O H C
Transmission
Automatic
if you don't
have to drill into the roof to attach it, how does it stay on?
please, don't say "double sided tape" because that is just stupid.

Chris.S.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hello,

I'm interested in getting the Solar visor made by Lund/Keystone (since you don't have to drill into your roof) and also some rear window louvers by Astra-Hammond. Neither company makes anything for the '09 Ranger Sport from what I've seen, the latest I can find is for the '06-'07's. Would these still fit my vehicle? It seems to me the body styling hasn't really changed the last few years... I just want to make sure they fit before I buy. Any help is appreciated!
Are you sure you don't have to drill for the install? I looked through Lund's website and if you're looking at this one:

http://www.lundinternational.com/PartDetail.aspx?partno=12313&mmcode=1434512&catcode=LUN

It mounts by drilling in self-tapping screws.

I'd very hesitant to put one on if it wasn't screwed down, there can a lot of wind pressure built up under them thar things..

Fx4wannabe01

February 2010 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I have the lunar visor....and well......I rocked it w/o drilling...just using the stick on tape....it flapped in wind and i feared it ripping from it's metal frame. You really do want to drill that top piece into the roof. Honestly. I have since removed the visor....when i reinstall...I wont be using screws...i'll be using nutserts in the roof, and i'll run machine screws into those nutserts to securing hold the visor to the roof. Plus...the roundness of that top bracket doesn not match the roundness of the roof...so it's barely got any stickyness actuallytouching the roof.

Last edited:

LadyRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
V6
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, my whole reason for wanting the Solar visor was it just mounts inside the doors and I really didn't want to drill into the roof of a new truck... my brother has an old Pathfinder with visor and the roof leaks where it's drilled into the roof on the right side.

However, I thought with the air pressure coming up under the Solar visor, how could it could stay on right without flapping around just being mounted inside the doors.

I know Lund made a visor that fit up to 07's called the SunVisor II but you had to drill, and that's what I was leery of, so I was leaning towards the Solar instead. I do plan on keeping the truck a long time so didn't want to put on anything that might cause problems down the road. Can anyone vouch for visors being on their truck for like 10 years without problems? I just really like the "old school" looks plus the fact it cuts out the sun's glare. My local dealer for Lund stuff said the SunVisor II should fit my '09 as the cab has changed very little over the past few years.

Nice truck FX4wannabe01!!! That is the look I like :headbang:

Fx4wannabe01

February 2010 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, my whole reason for wanting the Solar visor was it just mounts inside the doors and I really didn't want to drill into the roof of a new truck... my brother has an old Pathfinder with visor and the roof leaks where it's drilled into the roof on the right side.

However, I thought with the air pressure coming up under the Solar visor, how could it could stay on right without flapping around just being mounted inside the doors.

I know Lund made a visor that fit up to 07's called the SunVisor II but you had to drill, and that's what I was leery of, so I was leaning towards the Solar instead. I do plan on keeping the truck a long time so didn't want to put on anything that might cause problems down the road. Can anyone vouch for visors being on their truck for like 10 years without problems? I just really like the "old school" looks plus the fact it cuts out the sun's glare. My local dealer for Lund stuff said the SunVisor II should fit my '09 as the cab has changed very little over the past few years.

Nice truck FX4wannabe01!!! That is the look I like :headbang:
SunVisor, MoonVisor, SunVisorII, and MoodVisorII are all ugly as hell to me on any newer truck. Only Lunar visor and the solar visor look good.

YES...It held up just fine...no problems with breaking things or anything like that. BUT...it did flop in the wind at freeway speeds.

Bottom line....if it's something you are dead set on, go ahead...put the screws in the roof. I am going to when I reinstall it. Again...leaks come from improper sealing at the screws. You better believe I'll have a but load of perfectly placed silocone on my roof when i do it. Like I said...i'm going to be using nutserts....basically you'll have a nut attached to your roof, then you run bolts or machine screws into it. I'll have a silocone mess when I do mine.

FYI...93+ on fitment....if it says it'll fit 93-xx, it'll fit period. cabs never changed.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals