• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Suspension Check

TexPace

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
After hours of reading, I would like someone to review my suspension idea and make sure I am not leaving anything out. Would the following combo be acceptable and would I be able to get it within acceptable alignment:

1987 Bronco II 4x4
Explorer coils with 1.5" - 2" coil spacer
Explorer leaf springs with Belltech 6400 / Autozone 6100 shackles
New shocks

How much lift would this provide? Would I need anything other than alignment bushings?

The main use out of this suspension would be to be slightly raised, street use, and occasional old logging trail roads.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
The Explorer coils are going to be stiffer, I doubt they'll give you any lift.

Skyjacker makes (2) different coil springs that will provide 1-1/2 to 2 inches of lift. The SKY132 is intended for 4-cylinder short bed trucks. The SKY132X is intended for super cab V6 trucks.

Daystar KF09101BK is a spacer that goes under the your stock coils for 2-inches of lift.

The longer shackles will give you 1-1/2 to 2 inches of lift. I don't recall, does the Bronco II have a rear factory lift block? If not, a cheap option would be to salvage one from a Ford Ranger 4x4.

Just don't exceed 2-inches of lift in the front, or you'll probably never get it aligned right.

TexPace

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Jim Oaks, thank you for the information.

Bronco IIs do not have a rear factory lift block.

Tfish

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco 2
Transmission
Automatic
The Explorer coils are going to be stiffer, I doubt they'll give you any lift.

Skyjacker makes (2) different coil springs that will provide 1-1/2 to 2 inches of lift. The SKY132 is intended for 4-cylinder short bed trucks. The SKY132X is intended for super cab V6 trucks.

Daystar KF09101BK is a spacer that goes under the your stock coils for 2-inches of lift.

The longer shackles will give you 1-1/2 to 2 inches of lift. I don't recall, does the Bronco II have a rear factory lift block? If not, a cheap option would be to salvage one from a Ford Ranger 4x4.

Just don't exceed 2-inches of lift in the front, or you'll probably never get it aligned right.
I have a bronco 2 offroad use only and I am not worried about alignment . What I am asking is can I use the 1.5 lift/leveling coils and also use the 2 inch coil spacers for the front? And put blocks on the rear leaf springs? I have never messed with any ttb suspension I recently bought a b2 for offroading and have only ever ran chevy stuff so if this is a dumb question I am sorry.

Sweet-85'

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
2.8L 171CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is!
I have a bronco 2 offroad use only and I am not worried about alignment . What I am asking is can I use the 1.5 lift/leveling coils and also use the 2 inch coil spacers for the front? And put blocks on the rear leaf springs? I have never messed with any ttb suspension I recently bought a b2 for offroading and have only ever ran chevy stuff so if this is a dumb question I am sorry.
You can, yes, however, you'll want to get axle drop brackets. Your steering and camber, toe, etc will be way off and make it a pain to drive, off road or not.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals