• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Thanks to those who served

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
It's Veteran's Day, and i would like to thank all of the Military Members here on TRS, Thank you and i salute you for the courage and honor it takes to serve on the US Military.

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Yes! Thank me for my service! :p

Seriously, thank you for the support. It helps make the 32 years under my bet worth it.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
our family is grateful beyond appreciation. thank you...the brave and serving 1 percent.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
My father served, and gets uncomfortable when someone thanks him in public, he rarely even talks about his service in Vietnam, but i still tell him how much I appreciate what he did, even though he was shamed for it at the time. So especially to the Vietnam vets for me. They're probably the homless guy living under the overpass taking any handouts they can, because they were too ashamed to get the help available to them. Fortunately for me, my dad never got to that point, but he didn't receive any benefits until his cousin convinced him to, when he retired, when he could have been recieving discounts and benefits the whole time. Vietnam veterans were treated like low class citizens by the Ameican public and my father has not forgotten, but is not a bitter person, just jealous of how the Desert storm and Irag war vets get treated comparwd to how he was treated. Love that guy.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Many veterans don't talk about what they've seen and done. Some, because they don't think it's a big deal for one reason or another. Others, because they don't want to relive what they did and saw. Even then, most will only say something to other veterans. The civilian population can't relate because they don't have a common frame of reference.

Vietnam vets are on the forefront of "Never leave another veteran behind" because of the reception and reputation they had when they came home. I am an active, lifetime member of the Associates of Vietnam Veterans of America to support them and help promote what they stand for as an organization, partly as a way to show they are appreciated for their service, partly because my father is a Vietnam Vet and I was conceived after he returned home. Who else than the Vietnam Vets to know what Agent Orange has done to them and their off spring?

Rusty Bouquet

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger xl
Transmission
Automatic
I'm one of those that shy away from the attention vets can get on days like today. I'm proud to have served, make no mistake, but I get pretty worked up when it's all "thank you for your service", thank you for your sacrifices", and then I hear all the hate for the Muslims and others that served next to me. I owe my life to those people, as do many other soldiers. I would be another casualty of the war in Iraq, if not for the help of the people that are so hated, by so many "patriots". So I say thank you for the good wishes, but please, spread it around to those who didn't have nearly half the training, half the support of their government, half the equipment, yet showed just as much courage and just as much compassion as the finest American soldiers. Human respect is why I served. It's been a while since I felt respecting other humans was celebrated. Just my .02 worth...

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Thanks Rusty, I needed that breath of air.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
I posted this in another thread on here... just a copy of what I posted there.

Ever since I bought my pizza place... We've done a free lunch sized pizza and an ice cold Pepsi for Vets from 11am til 2pm. The first year I gave away 6 lunches... Yesterday... I give away north of 60 lunches. My lobby was filled for most of the three hours with laughter... handshakes... dirty jokes and most importantly the very people who were willing to sacrifice everything for the very freedoms I enjoy as part of everyday life.

It's a very small price for me to pay for those freedoms and it's one day I don't mind the hour drive to open the place up because I get to spend my lunch with you and say thinks for all you've done for me.

God Bless...

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Dang, U G, I near never found any way to copy and paste the likes it!

Seegars

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
I'm one of those that shy away from the attention vets can get on days like today. I'm proud to have served, make no mistake, but I get pretty worked up when it's all "thank you for your service", thank you for your sacrifices", and then I hear all the hate for the Muslims and others that served next to me. I owe my life to those people, as do many other soldiers. I would be another casualty of the war in Iraq, if not for the help of the people that are so hated, by so many "patriots". So I say thank you for the good wishes, but please, spread it around to those who didn't have nearly half the training, half the support of their government, half the equipment, yet showed just as much courage and just as much compassion as the finest American soldiers. Human respect is why I served. It's been a while since I felt respecting other humans was celebrated. Just my .02 worth...
Absolutely dead on correct sir.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
This is why I don’t wear my dress uniform. BDUs and what not blend in well enough on Memorial and Veterans day not to be an issue. My ribbon rack draws too much attention and I don’t like it. Plus the dress uniform is uncomfortable.

Last edited:

Seegars

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
This is why I don’t wear my dress uniform. BDUs and what not blend in well enough on Memorial and Veterans day not to be an issue. My ribbon rack draws too much attention and I don’t like it. Plus the dress uniform is uncomfortable.

I don’t wear mine either. Because there is ZERO chance I could fit in any of my old gear

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals