• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Trans Leak

restinose

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I have a leak on my transmission(M50D/5spd) I thought it was the shift rail plugs,but it turned out to be leaking at the shifter itself. This trans has been out for new clutch(previous owner). It appears whoever did the job was very lacking in skill. The seal??? that is part of the "dustcover" for the shifter is torn and there is a small rubber cup seal? just sitting on top not doing much of anything. Also there is a plastic ring,beveled on bottomside,with a wave washer and another similar washer snapped on that retains them both. What the heck are all these small pieces called? so I know what to order? How,in what order are they installed(something about that "cup washer" just doesn't look right) Also, when I removed the "plastic ring" it appeared to be bent or deformed or is that how it's supposed to look? I can't seem to find an exploded veiw of this tranny anywhere????? These Haynes manuals these days are realy annoying," this procedure may be beyond the scope of the do-it-yourselfer", just show me how it's done and I'll be the judge of what's beyond the scope of my abilities, JEEZ??!!! Oh yeah the truck is a 94 ranger 4X4/4.0

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals