• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

TRS 20th Meet & Greet - southeast area

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
So. Here is a thread to get the ball rolling. I'm not sure how much I will be able to do to help organize since I haven't mentioned it to my wife yet. But there's lot's of time yet.

How much interest do we have for a meet-up in the southeast? If there is enough interest, we will need someone to organize it. We will need to decide on location and a date and whatever details we want to add regarding activities, common meal together, etc.

Anyone know of any companies that might be willing to sponsor? Clemson Four Wheel Drive is in this area. Does anyone do business with them?

Location; I was thinking maybe in the western Carolinas / Eastern Tennessee / northwest Georgia area. I think it would be cool if we could meet at a place that would be good for RWD and 4X4 alike, maybe a campground or state park facility. We might be able to have a cookout. if it's a weekend event, maybe a trailride for the 4X4 members on Friday.

Time; My vote is for spring or fall to avoid the summer heat.

Anyway. Reply below so we can see if there are enough people interested to make it worthwhile. (not sure how many that would be.) I'll see if I can figure out an easy way to keep track of number of people interested and any other pertinent info here in this top posting in this thread.

JunkCollector

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'85, '88, '91
Make / Model
B2, B2, Ranger
My credo
Local RBV "expert"
I like the idea. Personally I think NC would be good, pretty much smack-dab in the middle of the east coast, and close to a lot of states. In my head it sounds like a great idea. I'd try to make it down in my orange truck, it probably will still be stock if y'all have this in the spring, but by this fall it should be a bit more built.

Just my thoughts, but seeing as you're in SC I see why you'd have it further south.

Anyone else? I see so many Jeep meets, EB meets, it's time the Ranger, B2, and Explorer clan got back together! I'd love to see the yearly trail rides start up again, but I know that probably wont happen.

ericbphoto

TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
The anniversary stuff is 2019. So you should have some time for fixing things by then.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

JunkCollector

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'85, '88, '91
Make / Model
B2, B2, Ranger
My credo
Local RBV "expert"
Durr, I had a brain fart and was thinking this year. Must have been around too much brake kleen today...
In that case it should be lifted, with the 4bbl and duraspark, and the rooftop tent by fall next year. Maybe even a D35 front!

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
I think you'll be surprised how quick the anniversary will get here.

Think of this, if you don't wrench on your truck in the winter, and people start meeting in the spring (2019), how many actual days / weeks / months do you have to get you're trucks the way you want them before any gatherings? In some areas, it's not warm enough to work on your trucks now. So, a few good months maybe?

Last edited:

ericbphoto

TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
Jim, you're right about how time flies. I thought I had picked up that Junkcollector thought it would be This spring instead of 2019 and was trying to relieve his stress.

I've been looking at the map and would love to find a good place in the Smoky Mountains. My thoughts are wandering toward the area west of Asheville, NC. Maybe around Bryson City, Nantahala, etc. About 20-25 years ago, I visited Tellico. But I'm not sure of the present status of the off-road trails there. I know it was closed for a while. Don't know if it ever opened back up. I have in mind trying to find a venue where a group can meet casually as a "home base" for the weekend and be able to go out for trail rides or local sight-seeing activities during the day. I don't want to be greedy about location. But if there is just a small handful of people, we could have a cookout down at the pond right here at my place near Greenville, SC.

I hope we get enough people interested in an event around here. On the other hand, I would love to win the lottery, quit my job and travel to all the TRS events all around the country. Sometimes I dream big.

:beer:

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Given enough notice I'm up for a meet and greet anywhere in the Southeast. May or may not make it in a Ranger, but I'll be there either way. Got two that could potentially make it if I get off my ass and get to work, but as Jim said time flies. One is in a million pieces and the other of the kills a head gasket regularly, but assuming that I've got the latter fixed this time it should be up for the trip.

Can't do much to help with planning, but want to throw my hat in as an attendee. Final date depends on Jim IMO, but the sooner we have something set, the better chance I'll have of making it and making sure I have leave on the books for it.

ericbphoto

TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
Given enough notice I'm up for a meet and greet anywhere in the Southeast. May or may not make it in a Ranger, but I'll be there either way. Got two that could potentially make it if I get off my ass and get to work, but as Jim said time flies. One is in a million pieces and the other of the kills a head gasket regularly, but assuming that I've got the latter fixed this time it should be up for the trip.

Can't do much to help with planning, but want to throw my hat in as an attendee. Final date depends on Jim IMO, but the sooner we have something set, the better chance I'll have of making it and making sure I have leave on the books for it.
Sounds good. We're up to 3 already.

It's fun to see each other's RBVs. But this is as much about meeting each other and having fun as it is about seeing the trucks.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bcrngr

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2”
Tire Size
31-10.5
ranger in florida panhandle

new guy to forum had to join as I have used a lot of info to build my ranger. would love to bring it to a TRS event in Southeast and meet ranger enthusiasts like myself anywhere is good, fall in Carolinas I hear is awesome with leaves changing

ericbphoto

TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
Great! welcome to the forum!

SC1983

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I’d definitely be interested in a meet-up. Been a lurker on here for a long time and finally decided to create an account when I picked up this new-to-me Ranger as a toy. I’m not to far away from ya and hope there’s some more interest in the community

ericbphoto

TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
That's great! Welcome to the forum. Laurens is definitely close.

This message composed solely of recycled electrons. Go green!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals