• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Truck took a dump HELp

Hondafreak08

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So todat I was just playing behind the house and drove through some standing mud/ water. Well as i left the puddle the motor died. When i turn the key to ON. I cant hear the fuel pump turn on like i did before. Also the electric fan i rigged up doesnt work now. Is there any fuse or box that i should check. please help. i have trully no idea/

BobR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ferd
Transmission
Manual
inertia switch?

Bob

Hondafreak08

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
where the inertia switch located?

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You probably just got the ignition wet. Possibly sucked some water in the air cleaner. After it dries out a little it should be fine.

IMenriched

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02'
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 & 5.4
Transmission
Automatic
where the inertia switch located?
It "Usually" is located inside the cab, just under the heater. or about where your left foot would be on the passanger side. is for my 86 anyway. for more info on this item check out the tech library here...

yeap ya might have just gotten her a bit wet too.... dry it out and try again.

If no luck....make sure your in nuetral..set brake... key on, do NOT start... open hood...unplug your map sensor, or take 1 of the battery clamps off the post...& put it back on ...every time you remake the connection you should be able to hear the pump repressurize....if you dont then you don't have power to the fuel pump.

hope that helps

Hondafreak08

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So i still cant figure it out. The injectors are not pulsing and the engine isnt getting spark. Is there another fuse box other than the one directly below the steering wheel? Any help needed

baddis

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Sohc 1.5 ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
tfi module unplugged? bad? they control pump and spark

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
So i still cant figure it out. The injectors are not pulsing and the engine isnt getting spark. Is there another fuse box other than the one directly below the steering wheel? Any help needed
Check for a voltage reference on a sensor, eg. the TPS. I wonder if you blew a fuse link to the ECC relay? Check for +12v at the yellow wire @ pin-1 on the 60 pin ECC-IV harness and work your way from there... A wiring diagram would be most helpful, you might get by using a Chiltons if you keep in mind that it's not always exact. Vehicle specific Helm Inc. diagrams have been a life saver for me.

Looking at this diagram:
http://www.autozone.com/images/cds/gif/large/0900823d800f947b.gif

it shows that pin-1 is contantly getting powered, if you're not getting power here, your fuse link is smoked. If it's okay, move on to the ECC relay. As you can see, the injectors, sensors, fuel pump relay, etc. are getting powered on from this point. They physically all meet in one place as show in the diagram, on my 88, that point is in the mainharness, just after it gets through the firewall.

Pete

Edit:
Also, I don't know why your fan would quit, please explain how it's hooked up...

If the wiring diagram isn't making much sense, just keep at it. I've looked at these diagrams over a dozen times, so I can read them fairly quickly.

Last edited:

Hondafreak08

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
so its not getting power on pin 1 so i guess i just make my way back and check the fusable links. Will this be my only problem?

Natedog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
so its not getting power on pin 1 so i guess i just make my way back and check the fusable links. Will this be my only problem?
Yes and not necessarily. Fix this problem first and then see how it runs.

Hondafreak08

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Fixed. Fusable link between pin #1 and battery. Next to sylinoid

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals