• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Unrelated electrical failures.

Wheelwright

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I have a 2011 fx4, 5s 4wd, ~110k all stock.

Yesterday I replaced the clutch interlock switch (and then unreplaced it), replaced the reverse light switch (on the transmission), and adjusted the parking brakes (two turns each side).
Doing this, I disconnected the LH oxy sensor, the reverse switch (obviously), and the clutch interlock plug. Nothing else got unhooked, not even the battery.
When I started, I had one intermittent e-light for the bank one converter. It came and went.
When I finished, I had e-lights for traction control (the button does nothing), ABS, and the parking brake.
As well, the reverse lights, turn signals, and high beams don't work. I haven't been able to check the brake lights.
Low beams, wipers, heater/blower and 4-ways DO work.
I replaced the original interlock switch, no difference. Disconnected the battery for a half-hour to clear the cache, no difference. Tapped the parking brake switch by hand, no difference. Cleaned/DeOxit the interlock contacts, no difference.
I can't find a wiring diagram, so I can't tell if those circuits have something in common like a ground. I'm also colorblind, which makes this extra-special fun
I'm pretty careful about moving wires around when I work, so I'm pretty sure I didn't break anything.
Today's installment is pulling every fuse and checking it.
And just to make it even better, this is primary transportation, and I drive about 500mi/week.

anyone have a link to a 2011 wiring diagram!

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
Being these problems came up after you fooled with it... My guess is something got bumped or disconnected while fooling with it. I would be looking at the brake switch and ensure it has a good connection and operates properly before going off in a new direction.

Wheelwright

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Halle-froggin'-lujah.
Fuse #20 in the passenger footwell fuse box. Conveniently labeled with a list of all the things that were acting hinky. 10A, blown like a birthday candle.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals