• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

INFO User Profiles, Signatures, Banners, User Upgrades, Posting Messages & Photos

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
There are more Ranger communities on FB than a guy can count and they're all very active.

I had to finally delete my FB though. I just couldn't stand the censorship from them any more, especially when they're making money off of me and my data. I was also "shadow-banned" after pissing off FB staff. They dropped the banhammer on me monthly, often for things that I'd see posted everywhere else on FB.

I do miss the huge marketplace though. A ton of good deals on there every single day. People have nearly stopped using Craigslist now because of the FB marketplace.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Fools.

All those groups belong to Mark Zuckerberg. I had heard the RRORC site went by the wayside because the group was communicating through Facebook. I could be wrong. We have a Facebook page, but I would never give up this site.

You can't follow discussions and truck builds on Facebook as easily as you can in a forum.

Now with this software, I can easily use the site with my phone, tag members, and get alerts at the top of the screen when I'm tagged or someone replies to a message. Plus I get email notifications. I'm looking for a way for us to get alerts on our phone.

We need to get enthusiasts back on sites that are owned by fellow enthusiasts.

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Don't EVER give up this site Jim. If you ever find that life makes you do it, then please ask the rest of us for assistance. Though I'm not a contributing member as of yet, I'd gladly take on more responsibilities where this forum is concerned. And if push comes to shove I'd open up my wallet to save it. I've just never saw many incentive programs run to keep the site running that gathered my attention. A banner under one's name isn't much to gather people's interest, but please don't take offense on that. Maybe if more options were available? People are proud to rep something that they can also feel like they have a stake in. I can easily see more fund raising options, though they might be a little more time-consuming to be involved in. More of a tit-for-tat type of thing? To be more recognized for your contributions?

This site is a real jewel and severely under-appreciated! This place has always felt like a home for us Ranger guys. I lurked for YEARS before I signed up, and I'd put money on hundreds of people doing the same.

For what it's worth, I'm loving the new forum software more than ever. Especially the dark theme. After being a welder for over 20 years my eyes thank you.

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
You know what? Now that I think about it, it's high time I throw some money your way. I'm gonna look in to the options right now.

Us normal guys like t-shirts or stickers for contributions, etc... Please consider offering more options for contributors??? (I for one, LOVE shirts with 1st gens on them, that's why I designed my own a while back)

I've found the t-shirt section but I do wish buying one would do more for my member status or something to that effect?? Still. I'm buying now.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Thanks.

I don't think I've even taken the time to mention the account upgrades (paid subscriptions) in peoples profiles. I do need to go back to making decals for a while to raise some truck funds. My mind has been all over the place. Between upgrading the forum, trying to find sponsors for the anniversary trail ride, and thinking about the parts I need to resurrect TRS-2, there's a lot going on in my head.

BTW, if anyone has any connections with Cooper Tire, or Warn, let me know :unsure:. I need some new tires and a winch. I'm still bitter that the previous owner kept the Warn XD9000i that was on my front bumper. I ran that winch on TRS-1 and TRS-2.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
We have a Facebook page, but I don't care for Facebook, and don't like being compared to it.
Sorry I wasn't comparing the two. My wife said it "looks" like Facebook. I also have the white settings so that probably is what is was.

Craig0320

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Break it right the first time. Fix it better the next time.
I can tell you if something happened to this site then it would be the end for me. I'll be damned if I am posting on facebook. i don't have an account anyways.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
face bull shit can eat a bag of wieners.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
that last message may have been alcohol enhanced.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
The ONLY reason I’m still on facebook is because of obligations to a couple of different organizations. Otherwise, I would dump it and never look back.

1990RangerinSK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
face <censored> can eat a bag of wieners.
Language, please. Ok, I'll freely admit that I could make a trucker (and a sailor) blush, but that doesn't mean I enjoy that kind of language. I know that there are rules around here regarding it, too, can we please follow them?

I'm not going to report the offending post. If a moderator catches it, don't blame me, if I said I'm not going to report it, I'm not going to report it. I'm a man of my word. I *am* going to ask you to please edit it and remove the profanity. Thanks!

Charlie Cheap

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011, 2016, 196
Make / Model
Ford, Ford, Sun
Engine Size
2.3, 1.6, 2.3, 200
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Be nice, you may need help later!
This will seem weird, but I still run a carb on my 85 2.3, in a sportscar (Sunbeam Alpine). I have no hatred of computers/FI and my degree is in electronics, so when things went electronic and I was shop superintendent, I had no problem adapting. My 2011 4-cylinder Ranger has computers. It does appear many do not understand the carb, which is normal. The Autolite 2100/4100 use annular atomization which is the best way to mix fuel-air in a low-fuel-pressure system (4 - 9 lbs.). Holly does also, and I believe they worked with Ford in the late 50's to develop this system. With no computers a car becomes quite simple and Pertronix eliminates points. The main reason for computers seems to be FI control, Emissions, Transmission shifting, and Self Diagnostics. All wonderful things. At 76 (Oct. 4, 19) I don't mind tinkering...in fact I thrive on it. For those thinking I am trying to avoid being dead-in-the-water from an EMP, parked beside the road due to an EMP will be the least of our worries. I am a Navy vet and come from a military family, so I understand EMP problems. I am also a retired gunsmith and working on small parts is not a problem...usually. I wire my cars from scratch but see no reason to add wires, computer boxes or sensors, and complicate things on an old car. I know it is old-school, but carb info would be nice to keep around for a while. Oh, my Sunbeam should get hi 30's MPG.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
This will seem weird, but I still run a carb on my 85 2.3, in a sportscar (Sunbeam Alpine). I have no hatred of computers/FI and my degree is in electronics, so when things went electronic and I was shop superintendent, I had no problem adapting. My 2011 4-cylinder Ranger has computers. It does appear many do not understand the carb, which is normal. The Autolite 2100/4100 use annular atomization which is the best way to mix fuel-air in a low-fuel-pressure system (4 - 9 lbs.). Holly does also, and I believe they worked with Ford in the late 50's to develop this system. With no computers a car becomes quite simple and Pertronix eliminates points. The main reason for computers seems to be FI control, Emissions, Transmission shifting, and Self Diagnostics. All wonderful things. At 76 (Oct. 4, 19) I don't mind tinkering...in fact I thrive on it. For those thinking I am trying to avoid being dead-in-the-water from an EMP, parked beside the road due to an EMP will be the least of our worries. I am a Navy vet and come from a military family, so I understand EMP problems. I am also a retired gunsmith and working on small parts is not a problem...usually. I wire my cars from scratch but see no reason to add wires, computer boxes or sensors, and complicate things on an old car. I know it is old-school, but carb info would be nice to keep around for a while. Oh, my Sunbeam should get hi 30's MPG.
:icon_confused:

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
I like carburators to. I prefer them.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals