• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Vacuum Emissions stuff...

Toreadorranger

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual

I need to make room in my Engine bay for Coilover hoops. I was told this is part of the emissions for my truck something to do with a vacuum system of some sort. Other then a check engine light, If I remove this and the charcol canister from my truck, will I have any engine runnability problems? The truck is no longer a Road vehicle it will be towed to and from the trail so emissions isnt a problem.

Toreadorranger

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
this is a 2000 OHV 4.0 by the way

Toreadorranger

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Im not gonna site laws and site rules and all, i shall simply say this. DO NOT REMOVE EMISSIONS CONTROL DEVICES FROM YOUR VEHICLE........................However, im not saying with some creative bracketry and new vacuum hose that it can be relocated.......

Toreadorranger

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Im not gonna site laws and site rules and all, i shall simply say this. DO NOT REMOVE EMISSIONS CONTROL DEVICES FROM YOUR VEHICLE........................However, im not saying with some creative bracketry and new vacuum hose that it can be relocated.......
This truck is no longer road vehicle, as in it will be towed from my driveway to the trail everytime. It will never see the road again, so im not to worried about removing the emissions from it.

bro2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0 l
Transmission
Automatic
the purpose of the stuff in the pic is for your fuel sys. randomly the pump applys a press to the gas tank to check for air leaks so the gas vapors don't escape from your gas tank.
no it won't cause any running problems .chances are there is leak in evp sys any ways,like your gas cap.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals