• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Want to change out seats, taking suggestions

ozzy85

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
None
Total Drop
None
Tire Size
225/75/15
My credo
Yeah... still here.
I measured the bench seat itself. Comes in at about 50 in.

Seabiscuit

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
2006 seats are 50 inches total. You should be okay.:drool:

Explorin94

Law Enforcement
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Any pictures?
I don't have any that show the fronts. I do have one the shows the center console and drivers seat. Look at the audio forum there are picts there.

VaGent

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990 Bronco II
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I bought the 6-way power seat bases out of a 1992 Explorer & bolted my bucket seats on to the Explorer tracks & they mounted perfectly with no modifications at all. I ran 2 #10 stranded wires directly from the battery with a inline fuse to power the seats. They worked out great. I also installed the center console out of the same Explorer by using the mounting positions from the Explorer into the Ranger. Best thing I ever did. I also used the "lighted sunvisors" & wired them in along with the Explorer overhead head with the two map lights in it. Being an electrician by trade I had no problems with the wiring.

jubangy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I bought the 6-way power seat bases out of a 1992 Explorer & bolted my bucket seats on to the Explorer tracks & they mounted perfectly with no modifications at all. I ran 2 #10 stranded wires directly from the battery with a inline fuse to power the seats. They worked out great. I also installed the center console out of the same Explorer by using the mounting positions from the Explorer into the Ranger. Best thing I ever did. I also used the "lighted sunvisors" & wired them in along with the Explorer overhead head with the two map lights in it. Being an electrician by trade I had no problems with the wiring.
Could you post pics of the seats and console and your overhead head?

Army

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It took some mauevering and a lot of cussing, but I shoe-horned in a pair of APC racing seats in my '96 standard cab. Custom brackets had to be made, and they ride much higher than the stock seats (due to the thickness of the cushion). The headrests just barely clear the headliner, and there is even less room for the 10" Sony's behind them.....

....but I love'em!!

Totally comfy on long runs, and do provide support when in the curves. I debated a 4-point harness, but concluded that it would be a big pain in the...neck to have to wrap them every time I drive.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals