4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Replaced steering gear, pump, and fluid return line. Then I set the hood on and pulled it outside because I need the garage space to get the plow ready for winter.

Hopefully I can have the hood bolted down and get her inspected in the next week or so and be back to driving regularly.

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 248EE46702D889 Expires: October 1, 2019

projectRanger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger STX
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
235/75-R15
I went to the junk yard this morning and got fuse box pins. I'm adding another relay and fuse to mine for the off road lights instead of doing a complete external set up. Also finished prepping my rally bar by painting it, adding new weatherproof connectors to the lights, modified the 3rd brake light to install in the center, and made intermediate harnesses. More of the install to come. The bar looks awesome on the truck.

I'll take a better pic later.

Last edited:

sgtsandman

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011 & 2019
Make / Model
Ford XLT & FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC & 2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.5R15 & 265/65R17
I had to buy a new belt tool myself about a week ago to put a belt on my daughters Edge. I have owned one and was always in the same spot in my box for probably 20 years. My daughter (who owns the Edge now) had let her boyfriend into my garage to "borrow" my cut off tool and my pancake compressor. It appears he probably borrowed more. I suspect I will be replacing a few tools in my future as I find I no longer have them any longer when I go to use them. I'm still spitting nails mad over this entire thing. She swears he only took the cut off tool and compressor.
No one gets the key to the garage or access to besides myself and my girlfriend. Not even my daughter. Too many “borrowed” items have never come back and I’ve invested way to much money in tools to just let anyone in there. All the tool boxes have locks too. Good lick figuring out which key goes to what.

Ramcharger90

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0, B cam
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Went for a drive today, just to test the transmission out. No stalling issues yet with the B cam.

Uncle Gump

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead, Follow or get out of my way
No one gets the key to the garage or access to besides myself and my girlfriend. Not even my daughter. Too many “borrowed” items have never come back and I’ve invested way to much money in tools to just let anyone in there. All the tool boxes have locks too. Good lick figuring out which key goes to what.
I now have the garage on lockdown... the wife has a key.

I'm also into collectibles... My toy trucks... tire repair kits... potato chip can collection... signage... lots of old stuff are displayed in the garage. Along with most of my 40 year collection of mechanic tools. I have way to much to loose. I'm done and nobody goes in unless I'm out there.

Uncle Gump

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I noticed today that it is nearing the 100 page mark... I know I've rambled enough on this one.

1990RangerinSK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
That’s one of the reasons almost all of my vehicles have been manual transmissions up to this point. They are a built in anti theft device.
Until I come along. I'm pretty sure I could jump into your Ranger and drive it away without stalling it. And I haven't driven a vehicle with a manual transmission in at least five years.

Bird76Mojo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2001 & 1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 - 5.0
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
4" Superlift
Tire Size
33"
My credo
Good enough
Until I come along. I'm pretty sure I could jump into your Ranger and drive it away without stalling it. And I haven't driven a vehicle with a manual transmission in at least five years.
It's all fun and games until....

Ramcharger90

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0, B cam
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I now have the garage on lockdown... the wife has a key.

I'm also into collectibles... My toy trucks... tire repair kits... potato chip can collection... signage... lots of old stuff are displayed in the garage. Along with most of my 40 year collection of mechanic tools. I have way to much to loose. I'm done and nobody goes in unless I'm out there.
I was at a friend of a friend's place and he had a "over the top" advertisement for White sleeper trucks on the wall. Cool but totally unnecessary, hahaha for some reason a potato chip can collection in my mind has some correlation with a Sylvester Stallone movie.

Uncle Gump

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I'm old enough to remember when... it was big treat for mom the come home with a can of potato chips. Sadly... the chip can I remember as a kid is not part of my collection.

I should be able to put the Stallone connection together... but can't. Help the old guy out here...

Elutheros

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Pulled the head on my 1991. Still have the exhaust bolts to remove on the passenger side and then off to the machine shop they go due to a burnt valve on #4. Looks like the FPR was the culprit making it run lean.

ericbphoto

Old Redneck just wingin' it.
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
I'm old enough to remember when... it was big treat for mom the come home with a can of potato chips. Sadly... the chip can I remember as a kid is not part of my collection.

I should be able to put the Stallone connection together... but can't. Help the old guy out here...
Those cans were usefull. I remember Utz brand in particular. But I know we had several different brands in our area. Pretzels came in those, too.

My brother and I kept our Lincoln Logs in a pretzel can. Then some companies used plastic tubs of the same size. We kept our Legos in those.

Just Googled it. Charles Chips was another brand we had in cans.

Last edited:

Ramcharger90

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0, B cam
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD

Over the top in my opinion never needed to be watched or filmed for that matter, yet someone has a poster from the movie which was really a advertisement on the wall in there shop. I.E. useless collectors peice. (Potato chip can) Lol just breaking balls

Uncle Gump

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Over the top in my opinion never needed to be watched or filmed for that matter, yet someone has a poster from the movie which was really a advertisement on the wall in there shop. I.E. useless collectors peice. (Potato chip can) Lol just breaking balls
One mans junk is another mans treasure...

I've collected stuff most of my adult life... never spent much just what I find at garage sales and the like. The stuff just makes me smile...

You don't like to surround yourself with stuff that makes you smile?