• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What is your thoughts?

krugford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I'm not holding my breathe on the 100,000 mile thing with those, though we will see.

It's pricey because they start with a Lotus Elise. I want something more aerodynamic....and lighter.

Of course, if somebody just happened to drop one off one day, I wouldn't argue.

hiwy101

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0L Hungry for Gas
Transmission
Manual
Anything new and cutting edge with be expensive and have problems. The reality is that Oil isnt going to last forever. But no one seems to agree on when that is. It would be wise as a society to look into alternatives. They will not just end the internal combustion engine. The Environmental extremeists talk alot of BS to get the Hype moving. In reality, like anything else many different alternatives will arise but will not be fully adopted at first or forced onto us. That wouldnt make alot of sense.

Onto 4X4ing and trucks. To 4X4 on a weekend will continue as long as gas is avaliable. its just how much do you want to pay for it? The money is what makes the difference. I am sadly going to be riding a scooter and driving economy car for commuting and trips. The reason? where I live in California gas is $4.50 Avg/gal. This costs me $90 every 4-6 days if i do my normal driving with my ranger. That is just too much for me to afford. The only option is to treat the rangers and explorers of the world as weekend fun vehicles. Anything above a 2.5 4 cylinder these days will clean your wallet out. Its sad but true. China is not helping the matter by going to all cars from bikes and scooters. I don't see that gas will ever return to being affordable for a 4.0 V6.

As many people said earlier in the Post "were Screwed" only if we use trucks as cars and daily drivers. They require alot of energy "Fuel" to propel them. Good Luck to you all, i miss driving the ranger as much as the rest of you still enjoy it. But Times change and we have to change to a degree with them.

The Likely Short term Result will be smaller versions of what we are used to. The ranger is discontinued anyway. The Explorer will probably follow with slumping sales. its just the way it is. the partys over guys.

James Denton

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
4X4 ARE HERETO STAY--------They not going anywhere.They just going to get better----better:icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals